Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

261 - 280 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
The last season, S4, of BCS has not yet shown up on Netflix, so I'll probably be getting the next one from torrents.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Deal with Stingray and Rogers was resigned a few months ago after Rogers threatened to start their own music service for the Rogers Cable services. All the channels that Rogers is removing are available OTT via Roku, Samsung TV, Fire Stick, etc. Bell deal was resigned a few months ago as well to much more fanfare as it was a bigger deal with more services compared to the basic Rogers deal.

·
Registered
369 Posts
^^
How?, The only 2 channels on Roku are Stingray Qello and Stingray Classica. I want the 4 video channels that was on Rogers.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I see Rogers has quietly dropped the Stingray Video channels from its Ignite Lineup, likely due to lack of viewership. Those dropped are Loud, Vibe, Juicebox, etc. I'm not sure about the legacy Rogers lineup.

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
Can some one clarify something for me?

It appears from posts that Rogers has dropped the Stingray Vid channels?

Correct?

Now perhaps I'm mistaken, but-t I do believe Rogers made some type of deal(before Bell did with Stingray)with Stingray on the Audio/vid channels, if so why are they dropping those music vid channels?

I can't seem to find the post in regards to the deal between Rogers & Stingray. If not mistaken I believe it was posted by either DR Dave or 57? I'm not sure why but I'm almost certain Rogers & Stingray had some type of deal/contract, though I'm not sure what it was, if it was like the one Stingray has with Bell or not? :confused:

·
Super Moderator
56,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
@MCIBUS, please see posts 264 onwards regarding the channels being dropped. I've moved your post to this thread from Ignite where you posted.

I'm not sure about the Rogers/Stingray deal, but a search of the forum for "Stingray Rogers" might find it.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I love watching AMC for the Walking Dead not sure how we gonna watch it when AMC is no longer available we may be leaving Rogers to Bell

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Rogers announced today via bill, AMC will no longer be available on Jan 1, 2020. This is bad mistake

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Yeah, for now.

I'm sure it's going to disappear for Cogeco subs very soon.

·
Registered
178 Posts
This is routine in the States, I have a feeling it will be back IF it does go away. It's a game of cat and mouse but at the end of the day this is a popular enough channel that there will be retribution from customers when and if it goes away and they will come to an agreement. Rogers is just playing hardball but there are enough people that would leave for Bell or other competitors because of this and complain when the walking dead come on that it will be back on Rogers. This isn't like a zombie channel being discontinued, a significant number of people would notice.

·
Registered
704 Posts
A few years back they were going to drop BET and the Paramount channel, but it never happened. AMC is way more popular than those channels. We'll soon see what happens

·
Registered
178 Posts
Agreed, I just wish they would bring back CBS Sports Channel, I missed the FSU vs Florida game because they dumped the channel! But this won't last long if it happens at all.

·
Super Moderator
56,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #278
An update regarding AMC. Looks like it was a negotiating tactic.

Good evening Community,

Thanks for your feedback! We are working hard to reach a fair agreement and are hopeful for a positive outcome to continue offering the channel to our customers.

We are optimistic that AMC will remain part of our channel line-up after as of 11:59 p.m. ET, December 31, 2019.

We'll share more information once it becomes available. Stay tuned!

RogersMaude
https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Rogers-Dropping-AMC/m-p/452408#M51673

261 - 280 of 313 Posts