Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I don't know if anybody on here can really confirm it, but I've always understood that these events HAVE to air on all 4 regional Sportsnet channels

ALCS
NLCS
World Series
Thursday Night Football
Sunday NFL games (with exceptions when they conflict with the MLB playoffs)
Memorial Cup

I think that is everything. It is likely that Sportsnet can move some of the Division Series over to Sportsnet One, but I am almost certain that the ALCS/NLCS and World Series have to air on all 4 regional channels.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I don't know if anybody on here can really confirm it, but I've always understood that these events HAVE to air on all 4 regional Sportsnet channels

ALCS
NLCS
World Series
Thursday Night Football
Sunday NFL games (with exceptions when they conflict with the MLB playoffs)
Memorial Cup

I think that is everything. It is likely that Sportsnet can move some of the Division Series over to Sportsnet One, but I am almost certain that the ALCS/NLCS and World Series have to air on all 4 regional channels.
I wouldn't bet on it. I understood it had to be on ALL four regional channels to satisfy the national distribution requirement. Meaning they couldn't only put it on two or three channels. I would imagine SN1 eliminates that problem since it is a national channel.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Sportsnet has chose not to air MLB Divisional Series games on some of the local channels in favour of a local hockey game. I don't think that the requirements are the same for Divisional Series as they are for the NLCS/ALCS and World Series.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Sportsnet has chose not to air MLB Divisional Series games on some of the local channels in favour of a local hockey game. I don't think that the requirements are the same for Divisional Series as they are for the NLCS/ALCS and World Series.
I think you are correct. I may be mistaken but I believe the LDS are optionals, but the LCS and World Series are not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts