1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Hmmm. My upload speed dropped from an always reliable 30 Mbps to 20-25 Mbps (before and after rebooting the modem). Hopefully this is only temporary.

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
I found that the slower legacy plans Rogers provides tend to be problematic and unreliable, more so than the speed difference. Switching to a higher speed and the newer modem that goes with it provided a massive improvement, more so than the simple speed increase would indicate. Rogers no longer provides anything less than 150Mbps so, unless it would cause a large price increase, I'd recommend upgrading.

·
Registered
313 Posts
So I am on a 1GB plan and I am seeing 934 down - as normal (max capacity of my router - I bridge into an RV340) and 55 up which is an increase from 30-32 up previously. Decent gain.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
I found that the slower legacy plans Rogers provides tend to be problematic and unreliable, more so than the speed difference. Switching to a higher speed and the newer modem that goes with it provided a massive improvement, more so than the simple speed increase would indicate. Rogers no longer provides anything less than 150Mbps so, unless it would cause a large price increase, I'd recommend upgrading.
I'm on the 1Gbps plan and have a CODA-4582U modem. There's nothing to upgrade to.

·
Registered
8,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I am on a 1GB plan and I am seeing 934 down - as normal (max capacity of my router - I bridge into an RV340) and 55 up which is an increase from 30-32 up previously. Decent gain.

Here's what I just got on my 500/20 connection. Given my network is only 1 Gb, I haven't got much room for download improvement.

·
Registered
8,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
222 Posts
I can confirm the upgrade.
My service is Ignite 150u.
Originally was 150 down, and 15 up.
Now, it is 150-250 down, and 30 up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts