Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
57,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, what's going on at Rogers Community Forums? They had some sign-in issues for a couple of weeks, but as of Wednesday, June 8, people haven't been able to sign in or post at all. If you go to "all posts" link (below), there have been a couple of posts, but none by the regulars and there has been no announcement or banner or pop-up since a single post by a mod on Wednesday.

Usually there are 10-30 posts per day, depending... I've tried signing in using various browsers on my computer (Chrome, FF, Safari, Safari on iPad, etc), clearing cache, cookies, Incognito, Link from MyRogers, etc. Nothing works and I'm assuming that no one else has been able to sign in either.

I've also checked the list of members signed in and there's no-one typically signed in.

It sure would be nice (and appropriated) if Rogers provided some sort of update, either with a post, or better still, with a banner or popup on the forum landing page.

Is this somehow related to recent browser changes regarding privacy? Chrome & FF may have been recently updated on my computer, but I don't believe Safari was recently updated on my computer or iPad.

·
Super Moderator
57,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's now been a week since people have been unable to sign into the forums and post. ("New" people apparently can sign in, but there have been very few posts and no responses other than a couple by mods).

I therefore had a chat with Rogers and they are "aware of the situation and working on it - sorry about the inconvenience, etc". I stated that it would be a good idea to put a banner on the forum landing page so that people don't waste their time trying to sign in when that is currently impossible. I also stated that the current situation without a banner or a fix is inexcusable.

My feedback will be forwarded to the appropriate people....

·
Super Moderator
57,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree that Rogers Forum website is a pain. This is mostly related to cookies and cache, so clearing the cache and the Rogers cookies usually does the trick, especially if you use Incognito or Private mode in the browser. Here's a list of other tips that can help.

Most people are now able to sign in

1 - 4 of 4 Posts