Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have basic cable tv with rogers (HD PVR)... considering upgrading to a VIP package through the rogers.ca website "My Rogers". My question is: when I upgrade through the website do I get the channels instantly or do I have to wait for the next billing cycle to get the channels?

thanks

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
My experience with Rogers is that service changes occur within minutes and you may get a prorated amount on your bill.

·
Super Moderator
56,566 Posts
I never make changes to my account on-line. Often there are problems with the change, or the billing. Also, it's often possible to negotiate with a CSR for a deal of some sort, while negotiations with the website are not possible.

For example, if I were moving from basic to VIP, I'd ask for a discount for some period of time, or perhaps a channel that I would like for free for several months, etc.

I also get the name of the person, the transaction number and the new amount I'm supposed to be paying. Once the change is in place, the channels are usually added by the time the phone call ends - you can even ask to hold while you check.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts