·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
621 Posts
Let the upgrading begin!
Too bad 90% of the network here in Saskatchewan is 2G. :) I guess they'll just skip the 3G upgrade and convert it to LTE in about ten years...

Still, it's nice to have options and in areas with LTE service, I can see these devices being pretty useful.

·
Registered
309 Posts
dont feel bad PhotoJim it's the same for the maritimes I just got a galaxy and it worth nothing to have a data package on as 2g if it works only runs at 120kbps and i live in a university town that service is non exsistant

·
Registered
22 Posts
LTE data plans??? do they cost more

Do LTE plans cost more than 4G/3G? it's a nightmare on the Rogers site trying to find out....

thanx...

·
Super Moderator
3,996 Posts
Yup, afraid so. Go to www.rogerslte.com/new-lte-devices and click on "see LTE plan details" below one of the devices.

They have a promotional offer right now of 10GB for $50. It's definitely pricey, but on a sliding scale it's not bad considering their old semi-regular promo was 6GB for $30.

Perhaps they will invest the money they make from these LTE plans into redesigning rogerslte.com so that doesn't look like it was made in 2002.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The Raider is huge, reminds me of the Nokia 2190 back in the day :)

I personally wouldn't bother getting a 1st gen LTE phone, LTE coverage is small & 2nd gen devices will be even faster. Without a reasonably large data bucket at an affordable price I don't see the advantage of the higher data speeds LTE gives you, which would be more useful when tethered to a computer then for on device browsing or streaming IMO.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
FYI, Rogers does have a promo where you can get LTE on existing plans.
I switched my $30/6GB over to the LTE variant and now using a Raider.
LTE sure can be quick on a phone, it's quite crazy how fast these things get.
Did a speed test at work today and got 33Mbps/15Mbps; very impressive for a phone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts