Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Subject line says it all.

On the phone with a Rogers rep this morning I asked about the iPhone 4 and he said that they have decided not to go with the device until the antenna design problem is solved from a hardware standpoint (not simply use a case).

Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
sounds like a load to me..

·
Registered
748 Posts
That rep must have really wanted to close a sale, assuming the OP is not a crank.

Like Rogers is going to pass on the i4 while Bell and Telus clean-up. Not to mention, such a stunt would almost certainly result in Rogers no longer having access to iPhones. Apple wouldn't hesitate to freeze-out a company that embarrassed it by pulling a stunt like that.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Oh, the things reps say...
Sometimes when I talk to them I have a feeling I am communicating with an alternate universe, especially when it's on the phone. :)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Maybe not a crook - My corporate rep @ Bell told me this afternoon - Bell is reviewing the situation and there may be a delay beyond the 30th of July...even though it's posted on Bell's site.

Cheers

·
Registered
748 Posts
Might be some credibility if Apple announced it's delaying sales in Canada AND we saw a sudden gap in shipping dates for i4s ordered in the USA. That would suggest Apple has come up with a change to the design of the antenna and re-tooling production, with the delays inherent in that. Until Apple announces a delay in shipping to Canada and the other countries scheduled for July 30, I call "nonsense".

·
Registered
369 Posts
Nope...my Rogers rep says details out by july27...launching July 30...both black and white...same pricing as USA

Things could change, but doubt it.

·
Registered
369 Posts
No you are correct, Apple has recently delayed White for everyone (not just Canada).

Best Buy Canada is now advertising iphone 4 July 30th for all carriers. So looks like it is a go even if Rogers hasn't done full presser yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts