Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who has an HTC Desire Z which has been carrier unlocked and is having problems getting the mobile internet to work when inserting a sim card that is not from Bell.

Since the phone was originally locked to Bell we have put in a Rogers sim card and the phone connects to the rogers network. We can make voice calls with no problem but the internet will not come up. I have noticed that the phone does not automatically get a APN from rogers. Should the phone automatically know the apn settings for the rogers network or is this something that needs to be entered in manually?

If it needs to be entered manually, where do we get the apn settings?

·
Super Moderator
3,996 Posts
Most phones won't automatically pick up APNs for other networks.

I could give you a couple of APNs to try, but the problem is that if you accidentally connect through the wrong APN for your plan you may be billed per use rates. I'd recommend calling Rogers and asking them for the APN, just so you can hold them accountable if they give you the wrong one.

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
It's been a while since it first arrived, but IIRC my Google Nexus One came with a list of APNs pre-configured and I was able to connect to Rogers automatically.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts