Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed News 1130 is referencing "Sportsnet Radio" as the leadin to their twice-hourly sports reports? Canada's all-sports television networks -TSN and Rogers Sportsnet -are engaged as willing warriors in the radio industry as well.
http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/would+cost+season+ticket+holders+reds/4548909/story.html#ixzz1IOLCnIxC

Looks like they are starting this in Vancouver where they have a News station but no sports station. Rogers has a few other signals like this so got to think this will be a national change.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
660 News here in Calgary has been doing this for a while now - but then again, The FAN 960 rebranded to Sportsnet Radio a while back so it makes sense.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am sure 680 News in Toronto has been doing it as well. This is more-so for the non Calgary/Toronto markets that don't have a sports radio station operated by Rogers but do have an all-news station. So aside from CKWX, I am looking at CKGL, CIWW, CKNI-FM, CJNI-FM at CHNI-FM specifically.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I haven't noticed it on 570 News in Kitchener, but I only listen to them for a half hour or so some night as I drive by and they have ESPN on, with their sports reports. During their newscasts that I do hear, they don't really separate their sports reports from the news, just a quick "in sports, the Leafs won and the Raptors lost" kind of thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts