Rogers Cable has announced the addition of nine South Asian TV Channels to its Ontario digital cable television line-up.
Aimed at Canada's growing South Asian community, the new channels will enhance Rogers' already strong offering of foreign and Canadian services in Hindi, Punjabi, Bengali and English.
The new channels are all from the Asian Television Network which now offers thirty-three channels on Rogers Cablesystems.
The following is a brief description for each of the new channels as provided by ATN:
- ZOOM : A true Bollywood insider, zoOm brings to its viewers one of its kind offering of the industry via hottest entertainment stories, big shows, movies, trends and celebrity interviews every day. The channel of choice for urban India, zoOm appeals to every film lover's information needs on the enigmatic world of Hindi Cinema. Nothing sells like Bollywood in India and zoOm is the only channel that connects over 80 percent of urban Indian households to 100% Bollywood.
- TIMES NOW is India's most watched general English news channel that is devoted to providing pure and relevant news to its viewers around the clock. TIMES NOW has attained the leadership position by successfully delivering news to its viewers in a vivid and insightful manner, since its launch in January, 2006.
- ATN MALAYALAM: ATN Malayalam is a Malayalam general interest channel from Kerala, India featuring movies, news, sports, dramas & religious programmes.
- AATH: Sony Aath is a first-of-its-kind dedicated Bengali film channel. It's the only channel that offers complete, fun-filled movie experience; all day, all through the week in Bengali language.
- SAB TV: SAB offers fresh, innovative and relevant mix of comedy based programming aimed at the young and old alike. Their shows tap into the gamut of emotions that are experienced by the entire family making SAB the first pure standalone comedy based channel.
- PUNJJABI TV: Punjjabi TV is a channel with colors from every part of Punjab. Punjjabi TV brings into your homes a part of Punjab every day. With original shows, dramas, music, movies, chat shows, talk shows, entertainment and information at its best.
- CHANNEL I BANGLA: Channel i is the first 24 hours a day digital Bangla channel launched in October 1, 1999. Channel i with the slogan "Hridoya Bangladesh" (means Bangladesh in its heart) has been acclaimed as one of the leading educational and entertainment Bangla channels.
- NDTV GOOD TIMES: Launched in September 2007, the channel targets a largely cosmopolitan, socially progressive audience that is young and increasingly affluent, with an inclination towards better living. The programming is presented with style, wit and intelligence by hosts who are experts in their field
- JUS PUNJABI: Jus Punjabi is the first American - Punjabi Television station. Apart from the regular dramas & music, the channel also features News bulletins covering the latest news from Punjab, Haryana & New Delhi. Another highlight of the channel is the religious and spiritual programming including daily Shabad Gurbani, Nitnem, Katha from India and from local Gurudwaras; interviews with local politicians and celebrities, and special programming aimed at women and young viewers.
Discuss Rogers Cable offerings in Digital Home's Rogers Digital Cable discussion forum .