Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 397 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Fine here in Carleton Place (West of Ottawa).

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
It is fine in the part of Thornhill I was in this evening. However Sportsnet Ontario was now gone although the signal was fine.

·
Super Moderator
56,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Let's get back to the topic of this thread - new channels on Rogers. If you're having issues, check the signal and then call Rogers.

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
New Channel Launch

I just notice and checked on The new Guide where it annouced a new channel " The Savings Channel to press A. I tried to do that and it not recognizing it yet

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Good Question,. I noticed they are making more Demand Channels

Theres one called Mood TV!

·
Registered
720 Posts
I just noticed they launched Cinelatino today on 774. Their is no free preview. They keep launching so many multi-cultural channels that I cant keep up with which ones are new or not. I'd really like to see France-24 in English launched. I get it on the internet for now.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I think it has been added new on the system.

Rogers Digital Channel 949.

Radio Station CFZM AM 740, "Zoomer Radio, The best of the best." Toronto (Oakville?). Good Oldies, Good DJ's.

Confirmed it's there, on ch 949 in Ottawa.

The reason I think it is new, because I have been listening to the station, over the air on AM over here in Ottawa - and I heard them announcing it over the air this morning "now on Rogers Digital, ch 949".

Anyway - good, I like it. Been listening over the air for a while now.

Late night shows and music are good - Oldies music stations here in Ottawa are being converted to News and Talk and Sports. Oldies music becoming more rare over the air.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Another good one over in the GTA - Greater Toronto area is:

1580 AM and 107.7 FM - CKDO Oshawa. Oldies Rock, GTA news weather traffic.

Another good one for ROGERS to consider adding.
(so subscribers in other Rogers territories can enjoy these via their DIGI CABLE BOX SERVICE.)

Good radio content is good content ...

·
Registered
8,360 Posts
^^^^
docHD is also on 325, where it used to be SD. I don't know where docSD is now or even if it's still available.

·
Super Moderator
56,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I have Ultimate VIP with Movies and it's "not authorized" (greyed out). Does anyone know if this should be part of say Digital VIP or "Ultimate" or whether you need to subscribe to yet another package?

·
Registered
8,360 Posts
I have Ultimate VIP with Movies and it's "not authorized" (greyed out).
I have the VIP package and have received doc in SD for a while. HD is new. I don't know if it's part of any package. Perhaps a call to Rogers is in order.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Often, new channels appears as unauthorized in certain regions while Rogers updates their databases. Give it a few days before calling Rogers.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
sd versio n Of DOC is 325 It was just been upgraded to HD this week.

·
Super Moderator
56,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I assume that what's happening with the old SD channel is that the "Auto-HD" discussed in the link below has taken over that channel (similar to channel 6 for example). This would apply to HD STBs.

I would guess therefore that this is a free channel since I believe the other Auto-HD channels are "free" to basic cable subscribers.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=132665 Auto-HD.

·
Registered
8,360 Posts
^^^^
I guess someone with a SD terminal will have to test that. I get HD on both 325 & 591. All my sets are HD.

41 - 60 of 397 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.