Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
381 - 397 of 397 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
IM VERY sadden that the WWE is discontinue the WWE on Demand channel. when they can operate both.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
We have yet to see an application to the CRTC so I wonder if they will be discontinuing the service and not launching the new station in Canada...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Any word on SpaceHD? I'm really getting tired of seeing the commercials for it but having to watch SpaceSD. Late Christmas present (Jan 1st) even remotely possible?

·
Registered
720 Posts
They've fallen way behind other providers in their HD offerings now. It appears Spike HD as well as Fox News are delivered in HD to the headends, and they down convert it to SD, as both are letter boxed. They obviously do this to WNYO and WNLO as well.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I guess in the new year they will be playing major catch-up in the HD realm. Aside from Bell channels, they also need to address HD for U.S. channels as well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Looks like Rogers is only interested in adding new international channels which they seem to add daily and generate big bucks why waste their time or bandwith on new HD channels

·
Super Moderator
56,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #392
If you take the time to actually compare providers, then you would see that Rogers (Ontario) has roughly the same number of HD channels as BTV and significantly more than any other provider.

Here's the list of "missing" HD channels on Rogers Ontario:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Rogers_Digital_Cable_Channels#Missing_HD_channels_.28Ontario.29

If you go to the Bell link, you will find a similar number.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bell_TV_channels#Missing_HD_channels_.28satellite.29

Although the links are somewhat out of date, they do show that BTV and Rogers are roughly comparable. If you go to the other providers you'll see that BTV and Rogers are way ahead.

At any one time there may be some channels that one or the other major provider doesn't have, but depending on the timing, either Rogers or BTV can be the "leader". If you go to the similar BTV thread (to this one), you'll see an identical set of complaints, just different channels...

If there is a particular channel or set of channels that interests you, please advise Rogers. The more people who do this, the more likely that channel will end up in the lineup.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Aside from Bell channels, they also need to address HD for U.S. channels as well
Other than a couple of Buffalo stations & Peachtree, all my U.S. channels are in HD, including 5 in Buffalo, 5 in Seattle and 1 each in Boston, N.Y.C., Chicago and L.A.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I think in 2012 both Rogers and Bell will play catch-up with one another on the HD side of things. Hopefully sooner than later. I guess we just have to sit back and be patient. They both have to step up to the plate if they want to maintain their customer base, and their's no excuse for not offering all the available HD channels. Capacity shouldn't be an issue with SDV and IPTV technologies.

·
Premium Member
4,102 Posts
Rogers in 2012 HD seletion?

I don't know "if" or "when" Rogers will add the other HD service not on Rogers but on other providers.The one thing I know is the HD 500 range is basically full. Even if they modify it they still won't have room. True they can put it in another channel range but they need to do a channel re-alignment.

Just an example presently(if all HD where added)

537 Discovery HD
556 MSNBC HD
557 Spike HD
574 Hollywood Suites 1(FPC HD removed)
575 Hollywood Suits 2(Aquarium HD removed)
576 Hollywood Suits 3(sunset HD removed)
577 Hollywood Suits 4(WOW HD see 808)
584 Space HD(SN1 HD see 501)
597 Food HD

·
Super Moderator
56,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #396
Please, let's stick to the topic of this thread - new channels coming to or on Rogers. Thanks. Some OT posts were deleted.

·
Banned
10 Posts
Rogers Cable shoud add OMNI Calgary (CJCO) to it's Digital Timeshifting Channel Lineup in Ontario in SD (Standard Definition) on Digital VIP Cable Channel 172 and CTV 2 London to its Network & Timeshifting Channels on (Digital Basic Cable Channel 137) in all of Southern Ontario including (Grand River Area, Guelph, Woodstock-Ingersoil, Tillsonburg, London, St. Thomas and Strathroy).

Rogers Cable should add WBBZ-TV from Buffalo/Springville, New York to its Digital Basic Cable Channel Lineup in Toronto & GTA area, Grand River (Kitchener-Waterloo, Brantford, Cambridge, Stratford, Fergus/Elora and Salem), Woodstock-Ingersoil and Tillsonburg on (Digital Basic Cable Channel 61 & 165).

381 - 397 of 397 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.