Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
341 - 360 of 397 Posts

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
In GTA, Rogers is using RF 15 to broadcast WNED (PBS Buffalo) in analog.

Not sure what RF they are using on digital for City News Channel, which is remapping to 15.

So analog and digital lineups are out of sync...

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
You can easily see what's on 15 analogue by bypassing your digital box.
You can, however I've got a PVR extender, and I've heard so many horror stories about people losing recordings, that I daredn't touch something that isn't broken!

In GTA, Rogers is using RF 15 to broadcast WNED (PBS Buffalo) in analog.
Thanks. Is bizarre they'd not sync digital and analogue.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Yeah, I saw an ad on TV last night for that new channel. I didn't even know it was launching. It's essential a music video channel site aimed at Kids and Tweens.

·
Registered
455 Posts
RE: WNED on analog 15 and City News Channel on Digital 15 in GTA.

This is indeed bizarre but if it makes any difference..the channel guide on channel 5 (which is the only guide analog viewers can see) shows the WNED schedule while the channel guide available to digital subscribers shows the CIty News Channel's schedule. There is some order in this house.

·
Super Moderator
56,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #347
CNCHD is no longer on channel 1 - it is still on 566 in Toronto. Channel 1 appears to be back to being a barker channel and the IPG indicates the move:

15 for SD or remapped HD
200 for SD
566 for HD.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I don't know if this has been discussed but if/when Rogers gets Discovery HD will that be remapped to 42 as HD or will this be an HD add on once it comes around just like how Discovery World HD is ? (I know Bell has this channel now in HD)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
If Rogers eventually gets Discovery HD, and the programming is the same as the SD version on 42 (or elsewhere, depending on your local lineup), Rogers will likely set the auto tune, like it has done on most other channels already.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Good point 57, I didn't think of that.
It's sad that SD and HD feeds of the same channel are not always in the same packages. If a channel is part of Digital Basic or Digital VIP, it should always include the HD feed as well. Charging more for HD is so 2002.

But I am getting off topic now.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Same here In Scarborough we dont have anything on 597.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Ottawa

1 YWTW never was City News(Ottawa) even though earlier it stated it was moving.
66 City New HD/SD
200 City News SD
566 No City News HD in Ottawa at this spot?
597 Food HD(not yet)
204 Cottage Channel now Fireplace Channel
574 Cottage Channel HD now Fireplace channel HD
178 TXT-TV No longer Available effect Nov 30.

As to why TXT TV was dropped not sure perhaps no viewers.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Same here In Scarborough we dont have anything on 597.

But The HD Fireplace Channel has reappeared on the network on Channel 574

·
Registered
738 Posts
It looks like all of SHAW's channels are being launched in HD. I'm seeing the ones mentioned as well as W Movies on 564. Now how about Space, Discovery, Bravo, AMC and SPIKE. I see Eastlink has AMC HD and SPIKE HD and Bloomberg HD in their lineup.

341 - 360 of 397 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.