Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 344 Posts

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Channels always generate a lot of discussion so this thread is for discussing new channels in 2010.

You're welcome to speculate and discuss new channels coming to Rogers Cable in 2010 but PLEASE unless it's been confirmed by an official press release, be clear about what is speculation and what is fact.

A post saying "a CSR said it was coming" is NOT official, however, it does put it in the "highly" likely category.

If its posted on the CRTC site that its been approved by the CRTC but Rogers Cable has not said anything, I would consider that in the "not very likely at this time" category.

Replaces Rogers 2009 New Channels Discussion

·
Premium Member
4,102 Posts
Well I'm not sure of what will Launch(as new Channels from the CRTC list) but as for those on other providers that are presently available, but have yet to make it to Rogers, I'm hoping to see at least Disney Playhuse? As to why Rogers hasn't added it I'm not sure or if they ever will, but then again who'd of thought Rogers would of added all those French HD channels and the Super Station HD, so I guess anything possible or least hoping they'd added it? :(

·
Registered
8,366 Posts
Well, according to some info from TVO, they were supposed to have HD available to BDUs by the end of 2009, so perhaps we'll see that soon on Rogers.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Well, they already offer TFO in HD (French version of TVO), so it must not be far behind... Personally, I don't know the last time I actually watch TVO... PBS, however is checked all the time..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, they already offer TFO in HD (French version of TVO), so it must not be far behind... Personally, I don't know the last time I actually watch TVO... PBS, however is checked all the time..
TFO and TVO are no longer affiliated. They split into separate entities, overseen by separate Crown corporations, back in 2006-07. So the conversion of one of them to HD and/or DTV has no connection to the other.

Too bad, as there are a few shows on TVO I'd love to see in HD.

·
Registered
11 Posts
cnn international on rogers?

seems bell has added cnn i on it's system but will rogers those of u who know might know let me know thanks

·
Premium Member
4,102 Posts
I can't say for sure, but I'm guessing Rogers will(probally not sure when)add CNNi & most likely AMC HD.

It's a competitive biz and the more you can offer the more attractive your service looks.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Along with NFL Net HD, I'm thinking it's about time for NHL Net HD too!

Caught it on a between period feed on the Center Ice pack last night.
Not all the highlights were in HD but much better quaility and graphics!

·
Registered
21 Posts
do they have any plans to add Al Jazeera English?? Ive been requesting it with Bell for a while....the CSR thinks im a terrorist i think lol

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
2 new French channels

605 - CFJP (SD Version of V-HD)
607 - RIS (Reseau INFO Sports) (Sports news channel, similar to Headline Sports). I'm pretty sure that it's new, but not certain

Both are French, of course.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Yeah, I know that it was launched in Quebec a year or two ago, but when did it launch on Rogers? I couldn't recall is we had it before or not. Anyhow, it's likely going to be bundled with the same package as RDS.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I watched RIS in the Caribbean in november, so im pretty sure its not so new of a channel.

·
Premium Member
4,102 Posts
RIS? When did Rogers add this? I can't recall if its been on Rogers during or about the remapping of the french services/updated frenchservices awhile back or just recently?

As for CFJP not sure where thats from but it appears you have a different version then here in Ottawa? Gatneau?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
When I briefly watched CFJP last night, it seems like it was just the V-HD feed cropped on each side to make a 4:3 picture. Even the V logo was cut in half!

As for RIS, I believe it's new to Rogers. Some people say that's it's been around, but I think they mean the channel itself, however, it's new to Rogers.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
omniBC is new.. but there used to be another omni in BC? omni 11? which later turned into joy-tv?

1 - 20 of 344 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.