Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rogers, one of Canada’s largest Internet providers, has upset many customers with a recent change in their network management systems. Since mid-September both up and downstream BitTorrent traffic has been severely degraded in certain areas, which goes against the company’s network management policy. In addition, the new throttling technology has also slowed down non-P2P traffic in many cases.

Starting at the end of September 2010, Rogers customers began noticing severe throttling of downstream P2P and non-P2P traffic. It was clear that something had changed, but none of the customers were made aware of these changes, and neither were many of the support employees.

previously discussed in this thread

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In principle, I don't want an ISP restricting upload and download speeds, however, I do want my VoIP and gaming packets prioritized over my download packets so some type of network management is required.

The problem is that Rogers does not prioritize VoIP or gaming packets (a good thing), it simply discriminates against P2P traffic and apparently now on all downloading traffic.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.