Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a letter in the mail today from Phil Hartling, the Vice President of Consumer Services at Rogers Cable Communications Inc.

According to Mr. Hartling, I can start "Savimizing" today with Rogers Home Phone. Well I was not sure of what the word savimize meant so I looked it up.

Thought I would post it here
Definition: Savimize - a: Verb used by technology services company to describe temporary discounts which are more than offset by digital services fees, system access fees, and various other fees that are "additionalized" to your invoice to "maximize" revenues.
b: vulgarity used by consumers to describe the act of sodomy.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another source lists SAVIMIZE as a contraction of "SAVagely victIMIZE" but I can't be sure of its authenticity!

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
Good grief. It's a good thing I've laid claim to the term "Webulator" because I can see somebody using one to calculate the savimizings from switching services.

Webulator = Web + calculator.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
It's funny because everytime I get a mailing for Rogers Home phone, the first I look for is the fine print. As soon as I see the Network fee, I throw it out. I always hope they removed it one day... I would have switched long ago if they didn't do such practice.

Same when they call me, but since I told them to remove me from their list, I haven't had a call since (months now!)

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
I got my new word from Rogers in the mail today.

CONNECTAVE.

Apparently this one allows me to connect and save at the same time. Yeah!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts