Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone notice improvements and a new interface to the ROD system?

Just yesterday the ROD channels acted like they do when you reset the box, so I tuned in and saw some newer graphics, not only that, but when you FF/RW a show, it has a status bar now, similar to what PVR users and a timer showing elapsed time/remaining time.

I'm in Mississauga West, formerly McLean Hunter Cablesystems area.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i wonder why no one posted about it

they should make the rod interface 16x9, cus its a 480i digital qam channel, it should technically just crop the sides off on a 4:3 tv.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I was trying to set my kids up with a movie yesterday morning at around 730 On Demand and it wasn't working. I cursed much to their pleasure. I guess that was the reason why, since later that day I noticed the new interface.

Oshawa.

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
Has anyone noticed that their now is a separate channel for HBO on Demand. Thought it was part of TMN on Demand.
Noticed that two days ago 311. Thought I was imagine it, but guess not. I wish they'd hurry up and add those two HD channels CTV & CBC west that the GTA have in Ottawa. STUPID ROGERS!!! :mad:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh but those graphics are pretty amateur

I do like the FF/RW feature. I've been through the incredible pain of having to Fast-forward through 1 1/2 hours of video after ROD crashes and loses my place in the movie I've rented, several times. (hint: it takes about 45 minutes to get back to where you were in the old interface).

The new graphics, though: pretty embarrassing. Somebody needs lessons in how to avoid banding issues in low-bit-depth graphics; and how to render glass highlights properly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts