Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After over two decades as one of the mainstays in Toronto's #1 morning show, Rick Hodge will join the Bill Carroll Morning Show on Newstalk 1010 CFRB for sports and more. In addition, Rick will step down the hall to be a feature part of the funny and smart new EZ Morning Show with Humble Howard, Kim Stockwood, and Colleen Rusholme.

"We're thrilled that Rick is joining our morning shows. No one does sports better and I'm sure sparks will fly when Bill and Rick start weighing in on all the other big news stories of the day," says Pat Holiday, Vice President & General Manager of Astral Media radio stations in Toronto. "And then there's all the quirky, funny, shake your head bits that Rick is famous for. I can't wait to hear him throw those into the works with Humble, Kim, and Colleen on 97.3 EZ Rock in the morning. Those moments should be priceless."

Hodge was born and raised in St. Catharines, Ontario. He moved to Toronto when he was 19 and attended Centennial College in Scarborough. He's been in radio for over 30 years and has been recognized with broadcasting awards for his work on morning shows and sports casting. He's an avid sports fan and voracious reader especially of history.

"Moving to CFRB and into talk radio is something I've wanted to do for a long time; there's an immediacy to this format that you don't get anywhere else. The opportunity to work with Bill Carroll and the 'RB morning team was a huge factor in my decision. Being asked to join and contribute to the 'EZ Rock morning show makes it doubly exciting – I've admired Humble Howard and Colleen for years and having Kim on board is a huge bonus," says Rick Hodge, new morning host at Astral Media's CFRB and 97.3 EZ Rock.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts