Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

How satisfied are you with this retailer?

• Extremely Satisfied

Votes: 44 62.0%
  • Somewhat Satisfied

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Somewhat Dissatisfied

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Extremely Dissatisfied

Votes: 10 14.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The purpose of this thread is for Digital Home members to review and relay their experience with NewEgg Canada.

This is NOT a discussion thread so please limit yourself to one post which includes your review.

We welcome the input and opinions of all members whether they are good or bad, however, please note that this thread is NOT for rants. Whether you had a good or bad experience with this vendor we want to hear about it but in an OBJECTIVE manner.

If you post a rant or childish comments like, these guys "suck" or they're all a "bunch of idiots", then your comments will be considered trolling and your post will be deleted.

When you post, please try to include the following information:

• What product or service you purchased.
  • Approximate timeframe you ordered the product
  • What location you dealt with if it’s a company with many stores or service locations
  • Your overall level of satisfaction
  • If you had a positive experience, please explain what made it such a positive experience.
  • If you had a negative experience, please read our guidelines below.
Guidelines for Posting Negative Reviews

The truth is no retailer or service provider is perfect and occasionally even the best companies can disappoint. Our experience is that good companies have problems but they typically make every reasonable effort to resolve problems.

If you had a problem and are posting a negative review, then please note what efforts you made to resolve the problem and the feedback you received. If you think the efforts to resolve the problem were NOT reasonable then please explain why. Saying you phoned up and talked to some idiot, suggests the problem may lie with the consumer and NOT the company!

No posting URLS or Directs to Competitors will be deleted

Posts containing URL's to competitors or posts saying gee you should have shopped at this retailer will be considered spam and deleted.

We want opinions, NOT sales pitches or spam!

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I guess I'm the first :p

I recently ordered from Newegg for the first time. I was pleasantly surprised.
I ordered one of their shell shockers, a great deal on it's own, but free shipping is even better.

I ordered a $10 item with free shipping (so an amazing deal by itself)
Ordered on a Friday, shipped out the next business day and arrived by Wed night (most of that's UPS delay mind you--but still quite fast).
Upon learning it was UPS, I was a little leery, but I went with it.
Newegg charges you GST+PST and does the customs for you. So even if it's UPS ground, you're covered. No surprise fees at the door.

Overall, their regular prices are surprisingly competitive, even though they're US based. There's one downside, though, in that shipping can be a little higher than buying from within Canada (depends on the items). It's not too much though, so a good deal can still offset that cost. (e.g. $10 shipping from BC to ON might be $15 from newegg for the same item)
I'm happy with their service, though--will probably order again if a good enough deal comes around (and has free shipping!)

·
Super Moderator
11,117 Posts
I sit somewhere between somewhat and extremely dissatisfied. I have ordered twice. First time it took over a month and daily phone calls to get the package delivered. That was a 1TB hard drive. UPS took all the heat on that one but it is still a part of their service. Second time (2 Zunes) was over a week ago and I still do not see my package moving. Since it was a daily deal I was hoping for immediate delivery like Dell. No such luck. Delivery was free though. Their prices are good. Selection seems better than local shops.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I ordered 2 Linksys routers from them, because they had the best price, better then Tiger. The order arrived in less then 2 days and shipping was free. I was happy and will use Newegg again for sure.

·
Banned
434 Posts
order arrived (or didn't i guess) in 2 separate shipments sent out from usa on the same day. 1 package arrived a couple days later (yay), the other arrived a couple weeks later. i'd stick with companies that ship within canada. i will never order anything from them again.

·
Registered
484 Posts
They are just like Tigerdirect in that regard, they ship from where they have stock, be it the US or Canada. I'd still rather do that than order direct from Newegg.com, since then you would get hit with the usual ridiculous customs charges from UPS. I have ordered a few things from newegg.ca, no complaints, no shipping issues.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I ordered a video card to try Newegg.ca out, as their price on that card (including shipping) was competitive with the best prices locally. Delivery was from California via UPS and took a full two weeks to arrive.

In this particular case I didn't need the part immediately (the card is to support a third monitor), but as that's not normally the case I doubt I'll be ordering from them again.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I've ordered twice from newegg.ca once back in August 2009 I ordered a new hard disk after one of my backups failed and again for a boxing week 2009 sale. My first order back in August was a great experience, great price even had a promotion code which knocked off an extra $10.00. My order arrived in about 3 or 4 days I believe so I was extremely satisfied with the experience.

My last purchase is somewhat unsatisfying, not on the case of Newegg but the shipper UPS. I really wish they would have more option in regards to shipping because I have generally had unsatisfactory results from UPS whether it's a package from Newegg or another retailer.

As for the details the order was shipped out on 12/31 and here we are 1/5 and still I am not sure what is going on with my shipment which consists of a new CPU, RAM, Heatsink/Fan & MoBo. I know UPS doesn't run on holidays but I thought that while they don't deliver on weekends that packages would still move along their network. No dice I didn't get a single tracking update until late yesterday evening saying my package was still in New Jersey. I have a scheduled delivery date of 1/8 which then changed to 1/7 and now down to 1/5, yes that's today. I don't know how they expect to deliver my parcel today if it is still in the U.S.?

Also in regards to tracking, there is a discrepancy between using Newegg's site and the official UPS website. I get more detailed updates via Newegg however the scheduled delivery date still says 1/8 while the UPS site says 1/5?

In any case this isn't a negative on the retailer but rather their choice of shipper. I definately plan on making more purchases in the future from Newegg but I will make sure to never put in an order around the holiday season again. It seems like a terrible time to expect a package however to be fair to UPS it could just be due to a backlog due to all the closures recently.

·
Registered
469 Posts
First order from Newegg.ca and I am really disappointed.
I have ordered a second tuner for my HTPC, I order it from them because price was good...I think (item N82E16815116028). Instead of receiving a new tuner I did received an open box that seems to be quite old (like if I had bought something on eBay!).
I looked again at the web page for that article and their is no mention of a refurbished or open box item.
The worst is that the tuner seems to have an issue; I am unable to update it with Hauppauge drivers.
I will have to return it; I`ll see how they answer to my request for a refund. To follow...

WHAT A WASTE OF TIME!!!
I think it will be my only and last order from them and I will stick to Tiger...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Placed my third order from Newegg this past Tuesday for a new computer case. My order was promptly processed and shipped about 4 hours after I ordered (that's fast service). This is where the problems started, well sort of. Everything was fine until the shipment reached the local hub early this morning. I checked the tracking and it updated and said "Out For Delivery" I thought "Alright, cool I'll have something to do today" so I patiently wait...and wait and wait and wait until finally it was 6:30 PM and I knew they weren't coming. I call up UPS and ask what's going on with my shipment and the rep on the phone says it will be delivered tomorrow. Apparently (according to the latest tracking update this evening) it was incorrectly routed which means some genius made a mistake and put it on the wrong truck. I'm kind of ticked off but what's another day, that's as long as it does get delivered tomorrow. I'm really considering not ordering from Newegg anymore. It's not them but their choice of shipping provider I can't stand. I've had nothing but issues from UPS and apparently alot of other customers have as well. I might try one last time and if it's the same jazz I'm through with them and going completely to NCIX.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ordered three 1.5TB hard drives with free shipping early Wednesday morning, they shipped that same afternoon and arrived Thursday afternoon. So I'm happy :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered a "Recertified" Palm Tungsten E2 and an Asus Bluetooth dongle. The prices were good and there was free shipping on both items. The dongle arrived on a Friday, five days after it was shipped. It works perfectly and I'm very happy with it.

The Tungsten E2 arrived the following Monday. Although it was supposed to have been recertified, the battery would not charge, which rendered the unit useless. Also, the unit failed to recognize any of the various SD and MMC cards I have been using with no problems on my five-year-old Tungsten E.

I decided to return the useless Tungsten E2. At this point, I learned that the return of this seriously defective unit would incur a restocking fee of 15% of the purchase price, plus a handling fee of $19.20 and a return shipping cost of just under $25. In other words, to return a defective, unusable item that cost me $159 + tax in the first place I am required to pay approximately $68!

As long as the purchaser has no problem with the items purchased, Newegg is fine, but, if there are problems, it seems Newegg accepts no responsibility. How can they charge a "restocking fee" on the return of a seriously defective, essentially dead, item? Do they just put it back in stock and hope the next unlucky buyer won't notice? Is that how I was saddled with an unusable unit in the first place? To make a long story short, I will never deal with Newegg again.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I know it says one post each, but I'd just like to update that my latest order from Newegg actually came from Canada, so they have a warehouse here now, too. Bonus.

This was my 6th (?) order and no problems to date.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I built my current computer using parts purchased from this site, and I have to say, I was extremely satisfied. The prices were good, the shipping was cheap, and the items that I bought came in really quickly. :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I ordered software on Wednesday and received it Friday even though it came from NJ. It cost me $6 more than a competitor, but that company didn't have any in stock. I will use them again.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
On average I've brought something from new egg about every 3 months since they came to Canada. Products have ranged from computer memory, 1 monitor, keyboards and mice, blu ray writer, DVD writers OEM, assortment of cable types and a hard drive or two, lastly an EVGA Classified X58 mobo. Everything still working great, shipping was slow but everything packed in nicely and no damage. I will continue to use them and to check them out when I need something PC related.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Placed our order on Good Friday and it was shipped from New Jersey via Philladelphi on Purolator. It arrived on the 26th which I thought was very good considering the long weekend etc. No hassels and no cross border problems. Everything was just about perfect.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts