Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

How satisfied are you with this retailer?

• Extremely Satisfied

Votes: 74 67.3%
  • Somewhat Satisfied

Votes: 27 24.5%
  • Somewhat Dissatisfied

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Extremely Dissatisfied

Votes: 6 5.5%

• Total voters
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Ordered a IR relay from Amazon.ca. It came quickly and was actually 10 dollars cheaper than Amazon.com listed the same item. I am very pleased. Item works too.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Ordered laptop computer late in the day last Friday, the 23rd, and received it early today, the 29th. Awesome, speedy delivery, considering that I chose free shipping, and also, considering the post office was closed for two days this week, and the original estimated delivery was January 4th. I should give a thumbs up to Canada Post as well.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Amazon is great in shipping the products out but returning items is a different matter.

I returned a Weeds DVD Season 6 which I paid $16 as purchased the wrong season. I used their return label which you print out from their site. I knew I would have to pay return shipping which they deduct from your refund amount. In this case they deducted $6.98 for return shipping which I thought was a little steep. It was returned in the same shipping material.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Have ordered quite a few times from Amazon.ca and I've been satisfied each and every time. I always buy for the minimum free shipping requirement and always use the free shipping. My last order was here the next day on free shipping. I've ordered everything from books and cd's to bbq brushes. Always well packed and if you happen to pre-order something, they usually ship you both items separately free of charge.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Endless broken promises

Preordered in March a DVD concert video set for release on April 19th. Endless emails followed the release date pushing back the shipping date. Last week I got another message "Do you still want the item?"

Yes, I still want the item and it is the right price. But looking on the site page of the product I saw a reviewer who had also not received the item. So I hit "review" and complained about Amazon's tardy service despite the fact that Amazon Markets had oodles of the item. Hmmmmm!! That was yesterday.

Today Tuesday June 19th I got a promised ship date of this Thursday and next day delivery. We'll see.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Squeaky wheel I guess

Wednesday 1:30 pm

Greetings from Amazon.ca!

We thought you'd like to know we shipped your items, and that this completes your order.

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.ca, and we hope to see you again soon!

Now I can vote on poll with satisfaction

·
Registered
1 Posts
very disatisfied.

I purchased some books from Amazon and was told I would recieve the books in 7-10 days. I today, found out the shipment may take up to a month. Amazon said sorry! ugh!

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
It seems to me that the Canadian site gets most materials from the US site. I wonder if it would be faster to order through the US.

Amazon.ca did tried to make it up to me. I paid only $11 and change for the total preorder when the item alone is now $16. Included in that $11 was $1.99 for shipping and handling. To my surprise, I got next day delivery from UPS courier ( 3 months after the order date).

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
This post refers to amazon.com. I had been waiting for a certain camera to go on sale and two weeks ago it finally did.....a really good price with 3 promotions...a card, a bag and free shipping. I received the camera a few days ago. Then I started seeing amazon camera ads on the internet and saw it was reduced even more...by a lot. So I emailed Amazon and asked how I could take advantage of the better price....did I have to send the camera back and reorder. They wrote back and said they would credit the price difference....which they have. So no effort on my part.

I'm impressed...

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
For the first time ever, I purchased items other that DVD, Blu Ray Discs from Amazon.ca, what a mistake.

Placed an order for 3 identical items, from the same person, price was fine but I asked for a discount on shipping as I anticipated all 3 would be packaged together. As they were the last 3 in stock and I did not want to miss them, I placed the order, even though the shipping cost was X3, expecting a refund.

Nope, all 3 were in the same package and the shipping cost for that one box was way less that I know it cost to ship a box of that size, let alone 3 times the price, which is what I paid.

It was my first and last venture into Amazon.ca for anything other than the DVD, Blu Rays, which I will continue to buy.

I tried again to contact Amazon and the seller but no replies, so I left negative feedback.

Overall paid $45 for shipping when I know it costs less that $11 for the size and weigh shipped, never again.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I order books without any problems so far.
My main concern with Amazon.ca is that they have almost nothing compared to the Amazon.com store.And Amazon.com won't ship most of their products to Canada.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Once again, I give Amazon an A+ for outstanding service. Last Thursday, the first disk from the Blu-ray set "Sanctuary, Season 1" would not play, so I used Amazon's return service for the first time to arrange for a replacement. The replacement season series arrived first thing this morning, Monday AM, and I am impressed with the quick speed. Also, they give you free shipping to send back the defective items, since they issue a shipping label that you can print out to attach to the return package.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
It's a hit or miss sometimes with Amazon. Unlike with eBay, you're guaranteed to get the item you ordered. However, like eBay, the shipping source can be all over the place and it's not easy to tell at times. Sometimes what I order originates from China and takes 4-6 weeks to arrive (with no tracking code). I ordered winter gloves that work with touchscreen phones. The price was really good. So good in fact that I ordered 4 pairs. However, I think winter may be over by the time they arrive.

·
Registered
8,613 Posts
It's always made clear that the item is not shipped by Amazon. I find that service and shipping times from Amazon itself are very good these days. Even Super Saver Shipping is typically fast. Items shipped from China typically take 3-6 weeks. I've seen them take anywhere from 1 week for airmail to 8 weeks for an item with tracking. Tracking can slow down any international mail shipment by several weeks, even to and from the US.

·
Registered
8,613 Posts
I believe that estimated shipping times and the location of the store are usually provided. At least that's been the case whenever I've purchased internationally shipped items. The exception may be items that are sold by Amazon but "fulfilled by" another seller.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Overall I am very happy with amazon.ca. I am happy that they offer more and more products. Things I noticed: price changes quickly. You see something, it is at a price you are willing to pay, you buy it today or tomorrow it might be at a different price.
Many times the amazon search engine does not display the desired results. I was looking for brake shoes for my car. Searching through amazon search I found the brake shoes sold by another seller at high shipping costs. Searching through Google, I found the same brake shoes sold by amazon.ca at a very good price and free shipping.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts