Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one is bizarre. Has anyone experienced this?

Twice now (since the upgrade), my Motorola DCT6416 III PVR has somehow managed to REVERT its memory to only list shows which were previously recorded, watched, and DELETED a week or so earlier. The only way to describe the problem is as if the hard drive went back in time a week.

Shows successfully recorded on Sunday and Monday (which were shown in the list of recorded shows on Monday night) have completely disappeared as of Tuesday morning. The list of recorded shows, lists ONLY the shows which were previously recorded, watched and deleted. It's similiar to a Windows System Restore, except the recorded programs under the 'List' button are rolled back to the state they were in a week or so earlier.

I tried going into the ‘Lost and Found’ feature, to see if I could recover the shows which were SUCCESSFULLY recorded and appeared in the list of recorded shows on Monday night. The strange thing is that they are listed there, but have a message saying that the program could not be recorded (although it was SUCCESSFULLY recorded a day earlier).

My PVR worked perfectly until the recent upgrade by Rogers. This is the SECOND time this has happened since the upgrade. I posted this problem to the Rogers' forum and have discovered that three other people have had the same problem - three out of the four are in the St. John's area.

Has anyone heard of this problem? Please post a response if you have had this problem. I think it could be a wider system problem caused by the upgrade.

·
705 Posts
I noticed an odd problem where the guide data was all 3 hours old and the system time was 3 hours behind which seems to have affected some recordings. I didn't think to see if the date was wrong at the time. It just sorta fixed itself i think after i turned the receiver off and on again later. The lost recordings never showed up that i know of however.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
My little bird has told me that the techs are aware of it and are working to resolve the issue.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The same problem in post 2 as has happened to me as well. I was playing back an episode of south park I recorded when it happened and now it tells me there was a recording error on that show when I try to watch it again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Happened again yesterday around 11ish NL time. Was watchiing tv and the box turned off. When turned back on get recording error when trying to watch previously recorded shows that had worked fine before. Odd thing is that on 2nd box pvr appears to have been wiped - no recordings at all prior to the reset. Maybe bc box wasn't on/turned back on when the problem occurred?

·
Registered
620 Posts
This problem isn't confined to the 6xxx series PVR's. I have the new 3xxx series unit and it does it too.

Happened a few times in the last few days.. the unit reboots and recordings are lost..

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Happened to me the other day too. Every time the power goes out the PVR resets to the old list.

Highly annoying.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Motorola DCT6416 Crashing, Losing recorded programs

It happened twice in the past month. The first time, I looked at our recorded shows and found that all but one was remaining. About a dozen shows had been deleted. I called Rogers and was told that it was a problem on their end, however, my shows would not be recoverable.

Today, while deleting a show that we had just finished watching, the HD PRV crashed and seemed like I had lost my HDMI signal to my A/V receiver. I rebooted the HDPVR, and when it came back on, 4 shows recorded in the past couple of days were missing.

Does anybody have experienced the same issue? Do you know if there is any fixes, or is it a problem with the PVR itself.

Any help appreciated. Thanks,

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
Sickboy,
I moved your post here assuming you're from the ROGERS Atlantic. As you can see you are not the only one.

Also, please do put your area in your signature to help us help you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts