Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I discovered an old rogers digital box sitting in my closet that it turns out I'd been paying rental fees for, so I decided to bring it in to Rogers Plus to have it taken off my account.

Unfortunately all I have is the cable box and the AV cables. No AC power cord, no remote. The rep at Rogers Plus said I'd have to pay $30 so I decided to hang onto it for now, since I thought I'd try finding a used remote or AC power cord first.

Anyone know exactly what kind of AC power cord I need for the digital box? Maybe I can buy it online for a couple dollars. For that matter, anyone know where I can grab an old remote for cheap?

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
the power cord is like sooper easy to find, try a dollar store or crappy tire or radio shack, find someone with an old remote they don need, and give it back with that remote, then give the guy like $5 for his old remote, sounds fair

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
^^^^
IIRC, the SD box I had used a wall wart power supply, not just a power cord. However, the longer he holds onto that STB, the closer the addred rental will come to that $30.

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
one of my SD boxes has the 120V power chord, the kind that looks like the one you find on your tea kettle or etc..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts