Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I bought a used DSR 505 off of craigslist. Before I bought it I verified the serial number with Shaw Direct to make sure I could activate it. When I got home I plugged it into a location where I normally have my other DSR-505.

I noticed that the receiver still had the Blue Weiner Guide loaded onto it (the seller said he hadn't used it in a while, he wasn't kidding!) I checked the system status which said the firmware loaded onto it was 00.34.

I called Shaw Direct and they activated it and then changed it to the advanced line up. I turned the unit off and went to bed. When I got up the Guide data was loaded but the firmware which the CSR indicated would be updated through the night remained unchanged. And the target version said 00.00.

So, what is the procedure to upgrade the firmware in this situation?

All help is appreciated:D

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi seanwrestledude,

Normally, the receiver would update overnight. Because of the gradual 00.FE software rollout going on right now, that isn't the case. Your receiver should be targeted sometime over the coming weeks and will update to 00.FE at that time.

You will know the night before when you see something in the Target Version field of System Status.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Would there be anyway for the OP to get an update faster since version 00.34 was released prior to 8PSK, and thus can't tune HD channels?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
00.38 software HD Channels are working

Actually the HD Channels are working oddly enough and I really have no complaints about the "look and feel" of the older Blue Wiener Guide. By the way Shaw Direct support, any updates on new Firmware for the 6XX series or when Online VOD will be launching?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
The 505 (and the 530) had a different user interface, that was very blue, until the E0/E4 update was released in the summer of 2007.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts