Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Having troubles with my vip2262 pvr (it was slow), I called Bell and I was redirect to the higher service technicien. To reset the pvr, he asked me to unplug the pvr, wait 5 sec, replug-it, wait 5 sec, and repeat until I see an icon of a gear on the screen. (it took about 5 times)

The unit then loaded something for like 3-4 minutes, rebooted and is now working fine (for how long? I'll see and post about it in a few days).

Some of you know what this does?

Thank's

:grin

·
Registered
70 Posts
"Secret" reset code

Don't know if you have this info, or exactly how applicable it may be, but during my troubleshooting, support gave me a "secret" code to do a VERY significant reset on my 2202 box. They said it would also work on the 2205.

I have no idea for a pvr (2262), but if it DOES work, pretty sure it would be destructive to all data.

To use it you navigate the Settings->system info->System Information page - a page that appears to have no options.

Enter the following code, no spaces - nothing will echo -
34 72 78 37 73 26 83 79
After a moment, the system will reset (now from my memory),
You will see a single gear and a progress bar
Then the system will reset and you will see 2 Gears and I THINK another progress bar, then some change and
the 2 gear symbol again for a while.

The entire process took I think about 10 minutes.

Not sure if someone wants to add this to a troubleshooting faq or even if it is in some way specific to my installation (seems unlikely).

Perhaps some others out there could try it and see what happens?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, with the tech, we tried those number first. But it did not work, he then told my to do the plug and unplug thing which is the same....

·
Registered
650 Posts
You can also press and hold the power button and the select button on the box itself.
Press and hold until it resets.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Power cycle is NOT anywhere near the same as whatever the 'secret code' does.
I've tried both and the 'secret code' does a LOT more stuff.

Not sure about the "Power + Select" option. I haven't tried it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts