Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I personally think its against sony not the users.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
There have been further threats that the hacking isn't over. Part of me wants to see a worst case scenario. Where Governments are forced to overhaul laws protecting web anonymity and drag these hackers into the light of day and come down on them HARD. I honestly believe that Sony at best can mitigate the risk, not stop the hacks. It's impossible to close all the doors. You can just ensure your really private stuff is untouchable.

I wonder what type of person enjoys causing millions of people frustration?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
It's baaaaaaaaaack.

The store is now up, and has a ton of stuff. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to buy anything - I keep getting an error on checkout. I also noticed that they aren't charging the 5% GST (I'm in Alberta).

Just got it working - instead of putting things in my cart and then buying them, I bought them individually.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Whoohoo psn's back yea! Just downloaded infamous 2 demo ,fun fun in deed ,might be a day 1 purchase,still waiting on the free stuff ,hopefully tomorrow,enjoy everyone !!!!!!!:p

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
The Welcome Back package is now available, at least in theory.

In practice, everyone's on the PSN, so everything in the Store is timing out, and it takes several sets of multiple retries just to get a single game. Unless you want to spend over an hour trying to redeem the offer, I recommend waiting a few hours (or days).

You get 2 PS3 titles, 2 PSP titles, 30 day PS+, and a free theme as part of the Welcome Back package. The free PS+ 30 day trial membership is non-renewing, and does not require your credit card, and does not take effect until you redeem the offer. After the trial, if you want a membership, you'll need to select one of the auto-renew packages. Existing PS+ subscribers get 60 days + downtime.

Now, they just need to fulfill their promise of free video rentals at the PS3 video store.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
As far as I understand, each PSN account gets the entire Welcome Back package, as long as it existed before April 20, and the games received are playable on any activated PSP/PS3 associated with that PSN account. I'm not sure how complicated that would be; it may be as simple as Sign Out/Sign In.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I downloaded my free stuff. Took a couple tries but its all good now. The dynamic theme is the worst ive ever seen! They should be ashamed to normally charge money for this.
I didnt take the Plus offer, it doesnt really interest me and i didnt want the hassle of turning off the automatic billing.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
The 30 day PS+ offer in the Welcome Back package does not turn on automatic billing, as it does not automatically renew.

It includes a free fishtank theme which is yours to keep even after it expires, games available free to PS+ subscribers (such as Sonic 2), as well as discounts and 1-hour trials on certain other games, and the ability to upload your saved games, including copy-protected saves, to Sony's online storage.

·
Super Moderator
3,210 Posts
I assume you lose the uploaded saved games once the 30 day trial of PSN+ expires?
I setup my account this morning again. Many errors. The 3 free movies to rent are terrible. Hitch? Click? Underworld? At least Underworld is watchable with Kate in it.
I am downloading the free Dead Nation game...the rest I either have or could not care less if I ever played them.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
You don't instantly lose the saves, they keep them on their servers for a period of time, but you no longer have access to them.

As for the movies, my wife and I really enjoyed Hitch. Click was okay, but I liked Underworld. They could have picked far worse movies.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
I think this is important info.
Q: I no longer have the option to choose my free Welcome Back games. What can I do?
A: If you navigate away from the Welcome Back section of the store without choosing your free games or exit the store completely you may need to follow the below in order to choose and download your free games.

On your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Portable navigate to the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB
Log into your PlayStation Network account and choose Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List
Choose “PlayStation Network Promotions” from the list of services displayed
Select either “PS3 Free Games” or “PSP Free Games” and then choose “Select Content”
http://community.us.playstation.com/message/31111331#31111331

·
Registered
216 Posts
If you're having trouble downloading your PSP games directly to your PSP remember that once you activate the downloads on the psp you can cancel them and then download them on your PS3.

If your ps3 is wired in you should get a much faster and more reliable download experience.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I got the error code a couple of times.

Just start clean, plug in the psp, go to the usb mode.

Then click on the game and give it a second, I think it has to contact the store to sign the game, that's why it can fail out.

101 - 120 of 128 Posts