1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
66 Posts
oh snap! This might actually be worth waiting for over the Xoom.... this would be another pure Honeycomb device so no crappy layer of software on top like TouchWiz, probably with much better specs like the new Quad Core Tegra 3 aka Kal-El which Nvidia promised to be in tablets by August....

I'm guessing it would probably launch with something like Honeycomb 3.1 with all the current bugs worked out and would receive updates first ahead of the Xoom being the new Google core Android reference design tablet...

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Or could it be a rebranded LG Optimus Pad?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Optimus pad is launching in Japan March 31 and slated for April 20 in US and this new Nexus Tab might not be out until Fall

I guess anything is possible, for all we know being that this rumor only came from 1 source so far could be an early April fools joke but I somehow doubt that Google would want a 3D friendly device like the Optimus as their new core tablet

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Meh. I can't see dropping $6-800 bucks on something that a laptop in the same price category would demolish in every aspect of functionality.

Give me a proper new Nexus phone instead.

·
Super Moderator
3,996 Posts
If I were going to buy a tablet, this is the one I'd get. Guaranteed software updates are way more important to me than the latest hardware.

If it exists, I suspect it will be an incrementally better Optimus Pad with Android 3.0.X.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts