Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke with Shaw Direct on Sunday about a receiver of mine that was acting up. They said that they would send out a replacement by Purolator. It is now Thursday and still no shipment from Purolator. Usually it does not take this long, just wondering what experiences any of you have had lately. I opted to upgrade the 400 series receiver to a 319 receiver for $29.99, I asked if I could upgrade to a HD receiver and was told no and that it would cost me $199.99 - I was hoping to get the upgrade for the $49.99 like others have gotten. I have been frustrated by shipping lately - mail seems slow, courier now seems slow, wonder why things seem to be slowing down.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
mail seems slow
Getting close to a contract deadline. A postal strike is possible.

·
Registered
551 Posts
It probably depends on where you are located. Regardless, phone Shaw and ask for the tracking number. They'll give it to you and then you can see the status of your receiver on the Purolator Web site.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Showed up on Purolator this afternoon - hooked it and called in to activate they said that they had all the info and would activate it when they could as the system was down at the time that I had called in.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Bad receiver ? 505 to 600 series

Looong story but may help others:p
Sept - Made a deal for 2 new 600 type units 1 PVR & 1 std Deal was 199 +49 ( they say now but I thought it was better) I did not go ahead .
December - 505 unit acting up signal strength 96 erratically drops to 39 & no picture also occasionally providing different channel without channel changed ??
First techie said swap units & see where the problem ends up Done & problem stayed in location of first problem -- So LNB or cable problem from outside you say? Me too!
Second techie asks to put good receiver ( at bad location) through a factory reset OK? Done & no picture for at least 10 minutes - SHE says unit is having problems holding frequency & must be changed for $13.95 shipping charge. So I suggest maybe a better deal to go ahead with the two upgrades & avoid a warranty replacement & possible service call if problem is really outside.
BUT I should get a better deal by avoiding a warranty replacement & possible service call

Could not get anywhere with her so got switched to Customer Service Agent. Went through same stuff & finally got upgrade 600 as replacement free & pay 199 for the upgrade tp PVR + service call to install 2'nd line & check everything outside.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts