Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my Harnmony 550 replaced due to the channel + key not functioning (or at least only working occasionally). With the newer 550 the screen seems a lot dimmer. Any way to increase the brightness?

I still have the old unit; however while I can still use it, I can't update it in future as they have locked it out.

Peter

·
Registered
494 Posts
I've never heard of a remote being "locked out" before. I had an issue with my 880 with one of the buttons. Logitech sent me a replacement. I still have the remote with the defective button and use it in the bedroom sans one button. I've updated the remote with no problems.

I don't even think Logitech could lock out a remote if they wanted to.

·
Super Moderator
56,462 Posts
Perhaps they've altered the firmware to make batteries last longer? I'm not sure if it could be changed to brighten the screen. Others here may know. I assume you tried different batteries or swapping batteries between the two.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I have tried changing batteries. No change to the brighness.

As to the lock oujt, that was what I was told they were doing with the old control. I will try as an experiment reprogramming it to see what happens.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Neat.. So I now have two 550's; one with a defective channel + key (it's intermittent) and the other with a slightly dimmer LCD. Mot a bad deal!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts