Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 9242, 6131 and a 3100 in my house. 4 output switch on my dish (SW44?). I have the chance to pick up a 6131 for $50 and want to use it in the bedroom to replace the 3100. Can I do this or will I need to replace some Satellite hardware? I thought I had read somewhere I need a better switch to run 3 HD receivers.Thanks

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
No, you should be fine.

If you run a "Check Switch" on the 3100 it should see BOTH 91 & 82, which is exactly what you want for an HD receiver.

Don't panic if the 3100 does not see ALL transponders, it never will due to the type of signal being used on 82 for HD. It will see Tp#1 & 32 I think for sure.

·
Registered
23 Posts
to be exact, it will tell transponder 1,2,15,16,32.... we did some tests recently at the office. all the other transponders for sat 82 will not lock and stay red. but this is normal. the transponders you do get are for the international channels.

·
Super Moderator
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So switching OUT the 3100 and replacing it with a 6131 will be fine? 4 coax lines are coming out of the dish switch on the back of it. 2 run to the 9242 1 to the current 6131 i own and 1 to the 3100 i currently own.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
the transponders you do get are for the international channels
No, these transponders are 8PSK, they are all HD.

·
Registered
23 Posts
yes you are right pinza. as soon as the HD reciever is installed he will see all the transponders from Sat 82. but with the standard reciever models not all the transponders show up because the reciever doesnt read them. this is normal. if you verify with a metre they all show up anyways. ...........don't worry about your reciever replacement, everything is fine. i just got a little off topic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where ya getting the deal on the 6131 or is it used? I need to do the same thing, my ol' 5800 hard disc has kicked the bucket and I have a lot of external USB drives so will go 6131 I think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts