Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

After a move cross country our 9200 PVR (purchased) is now not working. It comes on by itself, records programs we have not scheduled and bounces around channels when we have turned it on -- in other words it's possessed!

There is no visible physical damage to the receiver so we need to hire a technician to determine the cause of the problem before the moving co. will consider if they will pay to replace the receiver.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a technician in the Ottawa area who could do this for us?

TIA

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I should add -- we have two other receivers in the house. Along with a 6131 (rented - think this is the model #) the possessed 9200 receives its signal from a dish on the east side of the house. We are also having a problem (very different than the problems with the 9200) with the 6131 and Bell is sending us a new receiver. A second dish on the west side of the house is for a 9241 receiver (rented) and it works just fine.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
While I had Bell on the phone I did try to change remotes - the screen/picture wouldn't stay still long enough to be able to do it -- thus they determined there was a problem with the receiver.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Please, I want to thank you all for your help in trying to "fix" the problem however it has been determined by Bell after HOURS on the phone with them there is a problem with the receiver (I suspect because it has been shaken to death) -- I am just looking for suggestions for a technician in the Ottawa area so I can maybe get this unit replaced by the moving co.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.