Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
94 Posts
It comes on by itself, records programs we have not scheduled and bounces around channels when we have turned it on -- in other words it's possessed!
My 9242 used to do that before I moved it from an upstairs bedroom that had a lot of light from a large window to a room downstairs with no windows. Removing the antenna for remote 2 from the back of the receiver used to stop the problem. I know mine wasn't caused by someone nearby having a remote, because we live in a rural area with no close to us, so I'm thinking it was some kind of interference (IR maybe?) coming in from outside (but I'll defer that to someone like Pinza who knows much more on the problem to possibly diagnois).

· Registered
94 Posts
I only asked because:

a) if your problem is the same as mine, which it sounds like it is, removing the antenna (something that takes 5-10 seconds and little to no effort) will fix your problem

and

b) no matter how many hours you spend on the phone with Bell, they will get you to do stuff that they know won't work (they have sheets of "fixes" that they will walk you through, no matter what your problem actually is), then tell you that the problem is "with the receiver" and will send you out a refurbed replacement if you rent or sell you a refurb if you own. Remember, the people you talk to on the phone are not technicians - they are telemarketers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.