Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can one go to rent a Bell TV receiver? Can you walk in and pick one up anywhere, or on-line/phone only?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rent

Assuming that you have a bell account you can:

Go to Bell.ca (register if you have not) and go to TV on your profile

Go to a Bell World location (have your account number and pin ID)

Go to a SOURCE store (have your account and pin ID)

A Pin is a sort of security number you would have set up when opening Bell TV service.

Call the 800 number (available from the Bell.ca "CONTACT US" page under support.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Best bet is to call Bell because even if you go to a Store Front, you cannot walk out with a Receiver anyway. All Rental Equipment must be installed by Bell TV.

Installation for a new Customer is free upto 4 receivers.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. So at the end of the day, it doesn't matter because I can't just walk out with one.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
That is correct, they must be installed by Bell.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is nuts! There is already a receiver connected...I just want to replace it with a PVR. Why would they want to roll a truck for that?

If I purchase, I can "self-install". If I rent, I have to pay a total of $125 to get it connected. NO WAY!! Unless this changes, I simply won't have the PVR. I'll just hook a USB drive up to the 6131 and have a way to record, at least.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
OK, so now we are getting more details.

You are already an existing Bell TV Customer, are you renting the receiver you have now.?

If you currently have a single Tuner receiver and getting signals from 91 only then you will get a Free Installation of an HD PVR, which is what I am guessing you are now wanting.

Adding any Rental receiver to an existing setup will always cost a minumum of $75 for the Truck Roll but 95% of the time that charge can be waived if you complain loud enough.

I also think you will find that the $125 is for the Rental Certificate, you will be credited with $125 on your account after the activation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts