Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im planning on renting a reciever in the near future. I only need this second reciever for maybe 6 months are there any time commitments when renting or can I just return it whenever I like without penalty .. Also will I be charged for the installation of this reciever.. if so how much

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
You will be charged $75 for the installation and depending on the model $10 or $20 per month. Minimum Rental Period is 2 years, AFAIK. An early termonation fee will apply.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I belive you could rent for only 1 year...

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Yes, actually I think you are right. The 2 year term was to get a free installation.

·
Registered
94 Posts
You will be charged $75 for the installation and depending on the model $10 or $20 per month. Minimum Rental Period is 2 years, AFAIK. An early termonation fee will apply.
Wouldn't it only be $4 a month for an SD receiver? I thought it was $4 for an SD receiver, $10 for SD PVR or HD Receiver and $20 for HD PVR.

To be honest, if you can afford to tie up the money for a while, I'd say you'd be better off buying a 9242 from somewhere and then just resell it in 6 months when you no longer need it. When you resell it you might actually be able to get a bit more then you paid for it too, to cover any installation fees (if they charge them).

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
With the price of an SD receiver being $100, I would never imagine anyone wanting to Rent one of those for 6 months. I could be wrong of course.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think with most receivers if you add up what you'll pay in rent over the term of the contract it'll cost you as much in rent as it would to buy it. And if you cancel the rental before the end of the contract there's a penalty.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I agree, I have never considered renting, the monthly bill just would look too high....lol

I bought every Receiver I have ever used on Bell TV, trust me I have invested heavily in Bell over the years.

For 6 months, I would be search an on-line auction site or the local Hock Shop.

·
Registered
520 Posts
New accounts: two year contract vs $100 installation cost.
Existing customers: 1 year contract or $75 dollar truck roll cost.

Pretty sure thats it anyway. My suggestion would be to call bell and ask for your special request.

Another option; If you already rent a standard receiver, keeping the new rented receiver and returning an older rental when the time comes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts