Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. So I was being a bit stupid and bought a DCT box off someone from a site. Anyways I didnt check it and it turned out the box was rented. I bought it and the owner said they were having a moving sale.

So now I called shaw and can't use it because its being rented. I'm stuck with a box i paid for and cant even use it. So the question now is can I sell it to someone else? eg. non shaw users, or other persons using a different service? or is it possible to still activate it for myself. When I called they stated I can't activate it because it's a rental unit.

So i'm a bit pissed off at myself for not taking the extra steps at saving myself time and money. I'm just looking at saving myself the grief now. Otherwise I have a box sitting around which cant be used.

Hope someone can help a poor soul out.

Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm a bit confused.

Your stating I can sell it, and yet your stating im selling stolen goods?

#1 I never stole it and I don't know if the orignal owner stole it or actually sold it to me under false implications. If he was renting it and sold it.. well #2 it makes no sense why he would sell a rented item knowing they will charge him afterwards unless he gets away from it some how.

All I know is at the end of the day, I have a box I can't use. So if I can't sell it what am I supposed to do? burn it? because it's sitting here and it's going to take up space.

I can't get a refund (like the seller will give me one), since his phone number doesn't work now. So I'm outta luck now.

I have to do something with the unit, it can't just sit here forever.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
#1 the Shaw office is VERY far from my house. It would be a 40 min drive plus meter parking all the way downtown.

#2 if the original owner WAS the guy who sold it to me. Then technically he profits. he runs away with my $$ and then gets covered by be so shaw wont charge the guy either.

If shaw wants it back, they can pay me for what I lost out. I'm sure the amount I lost out is MUCH cheaper than what the box cost them. Shaw already has enough $$ in ripping us off. The last thing I would do is help a greedy company.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.