Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what happens after the 3 year contract is up? Do your FREE PVR's etc now become a monthly fee? Has it changed at all over the last few years? I seem to recal they used to advertise FREE set top boxes but now all the ads say free rental of a box.

just wondering if it used to be like a cell phone deal where the 3 year contract "pays" for the box and it's yours or you just don't pay for 3 years then get hit with whatever the costs are at that time for a now 3 year old box

·
Registered
69 Posts
I would guess that they charge a monthly fee after that or offer another deal.

If they didnt offer a deal, the best thing to do is cancel your subscription and then get a new one?

·
Registered
783 Posts
I have no idea but would suspect that they will try to sign you up for another term so tha tyou continue to get the free rental. If there was newer equipment the ywould likely upgrade the equipment for a new term agreement. So far Telus seems to have gone the extra mile doing upgrades to equipment owned by customers to ensure it performs to the latest standard.

Just my observations. I am a Telus employee but not in the TV area.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Assuming nothing changes, you can sign a new 3 year term and get another 3 years of monthly $15 rental credits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts