Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my remote won't work properly, it can turn the tv on or off but the receiver(telus) won't bring up the guide. the green light is on but the only thing i can access is the volume or to turn the tv on or off, i can't turn the receiver off or on with the remote. can anyone shed some light on this problem

·
Super Moderator
16,867 Posts
Make sure you press the Telus STB button on the remote. When you press a button on the remote, the STB button will flash.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I had a very similar issue last week, but I have a Harmony remote with a rechargeable cradle so it wasn't a case of a weak battery. I rebooted the STB and only then it started working again with the remote.

Only happened once.

·
Registered
82 Posts
when you push the guide button, does the STB button (top left corner) blink?

does the power button on the STB blink when the guide button is pushed on the remote?

your STB in an entertainment unit of somekind that might be blocking the detector on the STB?

***telus employee, but my views are all my own***

·
Registered
4 Posts
Also having problems since PVR was replaced

Since my PVR was replaced a few days ago (to try and fix an issue with all channels going black) I've started having problems with the remote. Both the Telus original remote and my harmony now have to be pointed much more precisely towards the PVR in order to work (never had that issue with the original PVR). The PVR is located in the exact same position as the original, so it seems to be something about the device itself. A reboot didn't resolve the issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
remote

no nothing blinks at all...i tried new batteries, didn't work. i tried rebooting...still nothing. i think its either the receiver or the remote. i can only turn tv on or off and volume up or down. if i want to change channel i have to push the channel button on the receiver...there is no way to bring up the guide.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no its just sitting on top of the tv, nothing blocking it at all...i even tried going right next to it with the remote to see if that worked and it didn't. as i said...nothing blinks just the satellite green light when i press on guide.

·
Super Moderator
16,867 Posts
We've all assumed you were using Telus Optik TV. If you are using Telus Satellite TV, let us know and I'll move this thread to the Telus Satellite TV forum.

Did you just get Telus TV or has it just stopped working properly?

·
Super Moderator
16,867 Posts
OK, I moved the thread to Telus Satellite TV.

Have you pressed the SAT button on the remote to control the satellite box? When you press a button on the remote (like GUIDE), does the SAT button on the remote flash?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Problem with remote for my LG TV

HI. Does anybody have website to program the Bell/Telus 9241 remote control for my LG TV?

Problem:
I just switched from Optik tv to Telus Sat and I'm loving it so far, But I am having some issues with my remote, The tech programmed the remote for my LG 42 Inch HD Tv (1080p) and the remote works fine for mute/vol up/down. But when I switch to Tv mode, and I need say select Tv input or brows LG guild/menu in order to select the different inputs for HDMI/Component selection.

The Left/right scroll do not seem work for my tv and I need these. My original LG remote is crap and it too is acting up. As middle enter/scroll up/down/left/right are also acting up. I love using the old Telus Optik remote as it worked well for my tv.
I may need get some batteries for my LG remote, but They not that old.
Any help please? Many thanks

·
Super Moderator
16,867 Posts
There are 2 manuals for Sat. TV - Quick Reference and User Guide. If you don't have the user guide with the remote programming instructions, you can download the PDF here.

http://www.telus.com/content/help/common/pdf/STV_R2.pdf

You might have to try more than 1 code for the LG TV, as some work better than others. It's possible that the Sat. remote won't duplicate all the functions of your TV remote.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Thank Dr Dave I'll check it out and hope to find one that works better. :)

update: I have tired # different codes, but none seem give the up/down scroll to work with my Lg 42 HD TV. And there is only one LG code listed.
Anybody else managed to get Bell/Telus UHF Pro remote to work with any Newer LG Tv?
TV model : 42LD520.

Would be ok if could post in Bell forms? perhaps somebody else there has use/found code works for LG Tv?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts