Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 40 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
I would like to know what you have done to control the POWER on/off to be done automatically on all 3 devices since my amp has to be manually turned on by pressing AUX then on/off.
I forgot... My yamaha can learn the POWER on/off, so it responds to the same IR signal as the power on/off for my samsung TV.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Fibe remote inter-compatibility?

Does anyone know for sure whether the origninal Fibe remote (MXV3) for the older Fibe 1216 PVR (silver receiver) works with the newer Fibe 2262 PVR (black receiver)?? These PVR models came with different remotes. The older remote (MXV3) has a white LEARN key in the center and the new remote (URC62440) has no Learn key.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had FibeTV since last Thursday and have programmed my Harmony One fully except I can't get one button to work - the POWER button. I've tried learning this function a number of times but no luck. The Harmony will not turn the VIP2262 receiver on or off and, therefore, I have to keep the Bell original remote nearby. Was wondering if anyone here has any further suggestions I can try. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
16,372 Posts
Check your Harmony config to make sure that the POWER is turned on/off for the VIP2262. I configured a Harmony for a VIP1216 at a relative's place and I think the POWER on/off worked. VIP2262 and VIP1216 should be have identical remote codes.

They previously had a Shaw cable PVR and I had to disable the power on/off function in the Harmony setup since the PVR wouldn't power off if a recording was in progress and would therefore get out of sync. That's how I know the option exists.

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,372 Posts
@bgotro, sorry I can't be more specific - I can't remember exactly where the option was. I used the web-based config program and I think it was an advanced option. I'm not even sure if it was a device setting or an activity setting.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Just check the Device, Settings, and single button for on/off for the PVR. Has been working for me since I added the VIP2262 device.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi !
I've found a way to "reprogram" the POWER button. In fact, you need to remake the associated macro.

1- Press on the BELL button, then press and hold SETUP until it flashes twices.
2- Enter the numbers : 995
3- Press the key you want to put the macro on, you should get one SHORT blink, here it's the POWER button;
4- Start the sequence : Press the AUX key, then the POWER button;
5- Press the TV key, then the POWER button;
6- Press the Bell key, then the POWER button;
7- Press and hold SETUP until it flashes twices.

Voila! You have re-macro the POWER key. The previous procedure does the following :

Power on the AUX device then power on the TV and finally power on the Bell PVR.

Cheers,

Note : If you want to clear a macro for a key just skip the sequence (steps 4 to 6) and go to step 7.

·
Registered
1 Posts
boucherjeanfra,

Thanks - it is amazing what one can find in the forums. I had called Bell tech support twice, and was told both times the URC 62440 remote could not simultaneously control the AUX as well as the TV and PVR.

I followed your instructions, and now it works perfectly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thank you so much for this!!! I have been going crazy for 9 months because Bell Tech Support was just telling me it's not possible.

You, my friend, are a genius. Thanks a million

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thanks Jean-Francois! I started this thread back in November because I couldn't figure out how to do it and the procedure isn't in any manual I've seen. How did you figure this out?

One small issue I noticed is that it's apparently not possible anymore to individually control the power of each component. This is useful when the remote hasn't been pointed properly and fails to turn on one of the three configured components. For example, to control my AUX device, I press AUX, then Power, but that simply replays the macro assigned to the Power button, i.e. to turn on all 3 components, not just AUX. Have you found any way to maintain individual control of power and only play the macro when in Bell mode?

Thanks,
cinergi

·
Super Moderator
56,417 Posts
Most Cable Remotes have the same functionality and use an almost identical sequence of numbers and presses for what is called "Master Power". The manuals for the URC remotes can be downloaded and reviewed on the following site.

http://www.urcsupport.com/index.php?mso_id=225 Rogers.

http://www.urcsupport.com/ General Website

Once master power has been set, I don't believe you can control individual devices, but you should be able to set whatever device(s) you want to be controlled by the master power sequence simply by redoing it.

I don't recall the exact sequence for a remote reset (to factory defaults) of the Rogers Remotes, but I believe it's a setup code like 991, or 996 - I used it once when a client's remote was not functioning properly by calling Rogers for the code. Don't try this until you confirm for your particular remote.

This is all just as an FYI.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Hi cinergi,

I based my procedure on the followin forum thread:

http://www.dvrchatter.com/t525-Disabling-DVR_s-Remote-Power-Button.html

I also noticed that with that macro you loose the individual power for each device, i apologize for that. I will continue my research to see how we can bring back that fonctionnality or make a factory reset on the remote.
Jean-Francois, no need to apologize! It's great that you found the macro procedure. From the thread you referenced at dvrchatter.com, it seems that once a custom macro has been assigned to a key (in this case Power), that macro works regardless of which mode the remote is in (TV, cable...) This explains why it's no longer possible to individually control the power. However, that same thread offers a possible alternative: program the individual power control using the Setup-Power key combination with code 994. In other words, to individually control the TV power (for example), you would press TV, then Setup, then Power. The Setup key acts as a "shift" to program a secondary function into the Power key (whose main/primary function is the macro assigned previously).

I don't know whether this would work with our remote but I will try it tonight. :)

Best Regards
cinergi

·
Registered
1 Posts
Remote Control for vip2262 Not Responding

HI,

At the moment my vip2262 PVR remote control will only allow me to change the channel. The MENU, INFO, FF or any other buttons won't work. When I try to use the PAUSE button for example, the AUX button lights up, where as when the remote control is working, the BELL button should light up. This is the case will all buttons except for channel numbers and channel up/down buttons which work and cause the BELL button to light up.

This would happen every now and then over the past month for up to a minute, but full functionality always returned after I fooled around with the channel up/down button a few times. Can't get the dang thing to work again this time though.

This happen to anyone else?

21 - 40 of 120 Posts