Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting a Harmony One, but am trying to decide whether to get a refurbished model from Tiger Direct for $135 plus $30 for a one year warranty or get a new one from SIG Electronics for $207? Has anyone had experience with a refurbished remote?
Thanks

·
Registered
773 Posts
Buying new is not worth it in my experience, owing to appalling poor customer service from Logitech.

My 3-week-old Harmony One remote slid off the couch onto the floor and the touch screen cracked and became inoperable. Logitech refused to do any repair/replacement under warranty stating the damage was not a result of defects in materials or workmanship. I vigorously contended that was explicitly the reason the remote cracked. Poor materials and workmanship produced a product that couldn't handle the rigors of regular use and reasonable impacts.

Previous to the One, I was a very happy owner of a Harmony 880. The 880 had been never been abused or mistreated in any way, but during the normal course of use over a span of 3 years, it had been accidentally dropped numerous times, with no adverse effects. It proved to be a rather robust and reliable A/V accessory. It was directly because of that very positive experience that I chose to incur the additional investment in the One

I was very surprised at the fragility of this device.

Logitech did offer me a 50% discount on the One if purchased from their online store, but I don't think I will replace it. I don't have confidence in it's durability or Logitech's commitment to stand behind this particular product.

I'll go back to using the workhorse 880.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Our 880 has been dropped too many times. The battery door can no longer stay in place and had to be taped. But it's still going strong!

I swear they should provide extra battery doors with the product. Or at least offer an easy way to purchase a replacement one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts