Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience in getting one of the above from Bell Mobility? Seems like a much better deal to get a refreshed 3Gs, with 16GB, for $100 less than a new one, with 8GB.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I haven't any experience with refreshed iPhones (Bell or otherwise) but have purchased refreshed Apple products from their on-line store and been completely satisfied. It's my understanding and experience that when Apple refreshes a product for re-sale, it goes in a new "housing" and battery (if applicable); only the "innards" are re-used and those are thoroughly tested. Refreshed units carry the same warranty as new ones and are eligible for Apple Care. Packaging is a plain brown box (if ordered from Apple).

The amount saved on a refreshed unit seems to vary with the popularity of the device but I have no hesitation in recommending this way to save a bit of money. That said, I don't know if Bell refurbs have been returned to Apple to be refreshed or merely "tested" by Bell and re-stocked. Maybe someone else here can answer that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts