Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess i'm the one who's going to do some testing since it's seem Fibe TV is still a very new services from Bell...

I was trying to program for recording all my shows... and decided to use the Record the whole season instead of going in the guide every week (with all the setting). But tonight my PVR was suppose to record 2 shows and it just didn't record anything... and when I checked in the recording section, i see the list of the TV show season programmed to be recorded... Why not tonight as it was planned?

As a test (and great that i have the dif. time zone for the first month), i did programmed the recording for the single episode later tonight.... will see if it'S working at least.

So anyone got problem recording tv show ? single episode ? or the whole season ?? Anything to share ?

Thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
Did you select every episode or first-run only? The episodes could've been reruns or perhaps the guide may have thought they were?

As I'm typing this, my wife is telling me she can't find this week's 'The Glades' episode from sunday night. I checked on tv.com and it wasn't a rerun. Damn, I thought I was leaving all those scheduling problems behind when I left Videotron....

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did try First-run only and also every episode.... Nothing.... Last night, before going to bed (and with the joy of having the diffé time zone for the first month), i did try to record my shows with the guide... only single episode not the serie.

This am... nothing at all.
I was able to record all fine last week and this week... nothing....

This am, i even try to record live... in the guide it was saying recording... but no Red Light on the PVR and nothing at all.

So i did in the setting, restart the pvr (or is it like a reset).... after a few minutes to bootup.... the recording was working normally... i was able to record live (seeing the light on the pvr). Before going to work, ive decided to program a few show today to see if it will work ok...

Anyone had any problem in the past recording ??
I didnt call Bell yet, but if the problem is coming back... i will because it's a pain to not be able to rely on the PVR to record my shows....

·
Registered
221 Posts
A&E is notorious for not giving a year or date of first aired. Every show we record on A&E has to be set manually in our PVR on Bell TV.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So after reseting the PVR-HD (in the Menu Setting), I was able to record correctly. I did record live TV and also a single show and programmed a full season. All seems to work perfectly.... But why did it stop working ? i have no clue.... but if it does happen again, I know what to do or i will call Bell to see what'S the problem.

Now I was just wondering if i can set my PVR from online or even my iPhone / iPad like Bell Satelite TV....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts