Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...another newbie question.:D

Trying to set up Optik to record all Canucks games across various channels- Sportsnet, CBC, TSN, etc.

It appears to me that there are only two options- Search (tedious), or record via guide (more tedious).

The problem is that the Search function is only looking at the program titles, and not descriptions. It is time consuming, but scrolling through all the "NHL Hockey" picks up most, of the occurrences of Canucks hockey. There is a problem, however, in that for some reason, I only see one week's worth of results.:confused:

The ultimate solution, of course, would be to have some sort of wild card search, that looks at program descriptions. Hopefully, this is coming...

Suggestions?

·
Registered
340 Posts
The only NHL Hockey that Sportsnet Pacific shows is Canucks hockey so you can set up a series recording for that channel to record most of the games. It will record the repeat broadcast as well though where applicable which to me is no big deal. The games on other networks can be set up manually by checking the schedule every week or two.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After a bit of experimentation, I have found the most efficient approach is to use the Remote Recording web application, and search for "NHL Hockey". There are filters for HD content, and it is fairly easy to scroll down through to pick which games to record.

Would still be nice to have a wild card recording feature though...:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
It would also be nice it I was able to order Sportsnet Pacific here in Alberta to get more Vancouver games. Due to broadcast restrictions, I am stuck with Sportsnet West (I believe) and Flames & Oilers games.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah you need to get Center Ice if you want to follow the Canucks in Alberta. you need HD as well so you can see the puck go through 7oungo easier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.