Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I have read the past posts on this problem but none seem to solve it. Often times I will record a program, and it plays back fine, then at a later date, I try to load the program and it hangs with a black screen, at time 0. Fast forwarding, skipping, do not work. It just never plays.

Tried the tips posted previously of changing channels and then reloading, soft reset, etc. The channels the program were recorded from play live, so it does not seem to be a digital rights problem.

I called Telus and they did a software reset on their end, but no change, the programs in the list still do not load. Other programs play fine.

Any other ideas? I do not want to do a hard reset with all the christmas programs recorded already.

Thank you

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had a similar problem when I watched recorded programs on my kitchen set top and found out it was effecting all my set tops, blank screens, missing recordings..... Before that I had reset the PVR, actually powered it down while tidying up the wiring. I reset each set top, one at a time, stating with the PVR it cleared up the problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
For whatever reason, when I have recorded The Walking Dead the last couple of weeks I have the same issue when trying to watch it (I have started to watch it while the show was still recording). It has only happened on this show though. The work around I have used is to just go to the live recording and rewind it to the beginning.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I have started having the same issue today. Some, not all, of the recordings appear to be recorded but I do not see anything on the scree when I play. Same on all of the boxes. I have reset all (3) of my Optik boxes including the PVR.

I have been on hold with Telus for 22 minutes with no answer.

Update: gave up after 35 minutes. Nice service Telus. Why don't they have a call back number?

·
Registered
458 Posts
ya. sux to be on hold forever ...but i have had good luck with the online chat on the Telus website. a plus to that is you have a log of what was said including dates and times.

·
Registered
789 Posts
update

After rebooting all of the boxes, the new recording are working fine. Old recording for a week ago or so are also fine. Something happen to most, if not all of the recordings over the last two days that were corrupt.

·
Registered
789 Posts
"we are experiencing an outage with our PVR system where recorded shows are not being able to be played back. We have contacted Microsoft, who make the software for our boxes. They are currently investigation this issue, but I do not have an estimated time of when it will be repaired at this time."

Quote from a Telus chat.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i wouldnt hold my breath on a fix. these stupid little software gremlins are a nightmare.. and now we have a situation where finger pointing has started. telus blaming microsoft, and vice versa. ugh.

·
Banned
548 Posts
i wouldnt hold my breath on a fix. these stupid little software gremlins are a nightmare.. and now we have a situation where finger pointing has started. telus blaming microsoft, and vice versa. ugh.
I`d like to ask you to provide some evidence of this `fingerpointing`you speak of.

I`ve seen nothing. I`ve heard nothing of the sort from TELUS, and I work there. Who are your sources?

- another TELUS tech

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I don't care about the finger pointing, but how does one get access to these shows? I am rather frustrated by the non-loading shows.

Also, first post here!

·
Registered
1 Posts
PVR problem

I recorded a show, but when I pressed that show name, the screen turned black and I couldn't fast forward or anything. And it's also finished recording too. I have no idea why it isn't playing! HELP! PLEASE :(

·
Registered
97 Posts
Try unplugging the power and plugging back in. This would be at the box that you are trying to watch it on, which may or may not be the PVR.

I had this last week and I had to reset each box that I wanted to watch the show on.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts