Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My wife would like to be able to record some You Tube videos on her iPod Touch so she can watch them later offline. She has an iPod Touch 4 32gb. At the moment it is just video but could this work for both audio and video files?
Thanks for your help.
Regards Bill

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Are you asking if there "is their an app for recording youtube videos directly to your iOS device?" I believe the answer is no.

However, it is possible to record youtube videos to your PC and then transfer them to your iOS device.

·
Registered
33 Posts
There was an app called MiTube or MxTube a while back. I think it was pulled from the app store and later released via Cydia/Jailbreak...

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
4,480 Posts
google "flv converter" to find some free converters
I use vixy myself.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Flash Video downloader for Firefox

get "Flash Video Downloader" add-on for firefox. This will allow you to download files off many flash sites. (I guess there are add-ons for other browsers too...)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried to go to Vixy.net but it redirected me to a site called Jaksta that does the same thing but for Mac's. I down loaded a demo copy and it seems to work fine on You Tube. Apparently the demo copy will allow you to down load 100% of You Tube video and audio but only 50% of anything from any other site. So far works good. I have downloaded a few short video's from You Tube and they copy through iTunes and then into your iPod when you sync.
Thanks for all the help.
Regards Bill
PS also you can convert to many different formats. I'm using the mp4 for the iPod.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts