Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am subscribed to 2 providers, Rogers and Bell, using SD STBs. Is there a recording device (PVR, DVR, TIVO, etc) that will enable me to efficiently record from both? I would consider upgrading to HD if necessary, but would prefer to stay SD. I am using a VCR to accomplish this now (Rogers inputing into ch 3, Bell into AUX) and this works fine, except for the poor quality and functionality. P.S. Not sure where this post belongs, admin move it if you want. TIA.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
a DVD recorder can acomplish this. I used to use a DVD recorder to acomplish exactly what you are trying to do, from both Cable STB and Satelight dish. there is aux 1 and aux 2 on the unit, very easy to connect to both.

·
Super Moderator
56,507 Posts
And here's the hookup FAQ:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=76077

If you get a DVD recorder with 2 Aux inputs, you could hook analogue cable directly to the RF-coax to record analogue channels, digital cable to one Aux and BTV to the other Aux of a DVD recorder. These are 480i and record in SD quality, however, it sounds like you'd be good with that.

Post moved, as requested.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like a DVR is what I need, but I was hoping that a PVR existed that would also record another provider's offerings. I guess not?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts