Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a few searches but couldn't find what I was looking for on this topic. My daughter has her tv mounted above her gas fireplace, and because the drywall is on strapping rather than studs, there is no room to hide the wiring to her pvr and Apple TV. The wiring is currently on the wall and is very ugly. I want to get her a wireless transmitter/receiver but I can't seem to find one that actually gets rid of the wiring to the tv. I checked the Nyrius Aries Pro, and the hardware is the opposite of what I'm looking for. The Nyrius has the smaller stick as the transmitter, and the larger box as the receiver. I would still have wiring from the receiver to the tv. Is there a package with a stick receiver that would do what I want? Sorry if this isn't clear, I'm still working it out in My head.

·
Registered
9,169 Posts
Maybe a picture of the fireplace and TV would help. How is power supplied to the TV? How thick is the strapping and what is behind it?

·
Registered
9,169 Posts
The IOGEAR GW3DHDKIT Wireless 3D Digital Kit might do the job. The receiver is not a dongle but should fit behind the TV. It's highly rated and widely available in Canada for about $255.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts