Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reception Help New Smyrna Beach FL
I just want to focus on the main Network channels 9-ABC, 2-NBC, 6-CBS. Right now 6 is my only reliable channel of the three. I occasionally get 9 and I never get 2. I bought an rg11 cable and that improved 9 quite a bit but I still could not get anything on 2. The cable is 100 ft long. The antenna is a ClearStream MAX-V UHF/VHF Indoor/Outdoor. I'm not using any Splitters just going direct to the TV. I'm not using any amplifiers. The antenna is outside facing slightly west of South and is at least 20 ft in the air. It seems like I should be getting these stations! Any advice?
Antenna
Cable
RabbitEars.Info

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Get urself a VHF yagi and aim it to the Daytona xmtr.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
No, the yagi is just for VHF-Hi band. You would use a VHF/UHF Diplexer to combine the two antennas, commonly called a UVSJ (UHF/VHF Splitter-Joiner) in the OTA antenna world. Google them for a source. Just a couple bucks a piece.
Some preamps, like the one I have here, in my signature allow you to hook up antennas from separate frequency bands, eliminating the need for a UVSJ.
This will give you much more gain in VHF Hi, than the simple dipole that you have now.
I assume the dipole can be removed from your existing antenna.
This is a decent yagi, and only costs like $30 plus shipping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts