Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

181 - 200 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Patriot, Happy New Year to you too.

Checkout the dish that points to 110/ & 119.

Does it have two separate LNB's on it, or a single wide one with a black coloured DP Plus logo on it?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Either way, re-aim that dish to 82/91.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Patriot & Pinza,

I'm asking him this question because, if he has a DPP Twin installed, with the 129W dish connected to the Input of the Twin, it will mess up the Bell receivers.

If you have a DPP Twin LNB installed on a Dish500, you must do the following;

1. Remove the DPP Twin LNB from the dish and disconnect the incoming 129W line from the DPP Twin LNB's Input

2. The 110/119 Dish500 will have to re-skewed to pickup 82 & 91 prior to aiming.

So the big question for Patriot remains, are you using a Dish500 with a DPP Twin LNB installed on it?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
How will it mess it up.?

The Check Switch will show it and the Bell Receivers will ignore it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It has two separate lnbs.. I took a picture of the whole setup, but I am unable to figure out how to upload them to the forum? Seems that it is disabled? There is black dp plus on each lnb however? Does this help?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Sounds like it has a pair of DP Duals. There must be a switch somewhere if the other Dish/LNBF are connected.

I would say you need to re-point this Dish to 82/91.

If you find a switch, let us know, you can most likely reuse it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Two pictures of dish setup

First thank you once again for all of the responses.... I hope these photos work and are able to help..

Also where would I be able to find a switch? Where do installers usually put them, inside or outside?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Sometimes the switch will be on the backside of the dish itself, mounted to the elevation/azimuth bracket... if you have a panel in your house where they do these things, for cable, phone internet, they may of ran the cable to there, if they could.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
All you can do, it it is not behind the Dish is to follow the lines.

You will be looking for a DP34 switch in my opinion, just use Google for an image.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Patriot,

You may not be able to receive Bell TV in Anchorage.

Is your 110/119 dish set at around 15 or 16 degrees elevation?

Is 129 set at 18 - 19 degrees elevation?

If yes to both questions, the website I use for dish angles states that Bell 82 is at 1.7 degrees elevation and Bell 91 is at 5.2 degrees elevation.

Looks to me like it may be damn near impossible.

To get these very low elevations, you would have to loosen the mounting pole and tilt it down. At these elevations, the dish would appear as if it is looking at the ground.

To get 148W in Toronto, the dish has to be pointed downwards looking at the ground at 6 degrees elevation

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
If those angle are correct, you will need to mount the dish's upside down to have any chance.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Yes, it is the accepted practice when that far North.

Oh, aiming would become huge amounts of fun, I would imagine.

Actually, Azimuth and Skew would be the same, just Elevation would change.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I've seen the dish upside down before... But it was only because the customer tried to move the dish under the deck, on the back side of the 6x6 post, and had no clue what he was doing lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here are more photos..

46FD04 and everyone else..

I am including a few more pictures, tomorrow I will get out a ladder, when it is brighter and have a closer look.... but it appears that the angle of the 110/119 is higher than that of the the 129... I did not take a photo of the 129.. but as you see the 110/119 looks like its around 30 degrees? I also found the switch... its a double switch setup.. one is a dpp33 and the other i do not know.. I included those pictures as well.. just in case..

Thank you for all of your help... I do not want to turn this into an Olympic event, but I do want to make the lady happy and give her what she is asking for.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Some American friends of mine recently came back from a trip to Montreal to their home in Burlington VT. They pulled the trigger on a 9400 & 6400. will they have any trouble getting this to work where they are? I told them they would most likely be ok, but just wanted to make sure.

·
Registered
983 Posts
@ Patriot

Your DISH system is wired up for the Hopper/Joey Whole Home DVR setup.

To get Bell TV, you will need to remove the Solo Node switch, and I'd also suggest removing the 129W input cable from the DPP33 switch. Follow the 129 cable to the DPP33, it is most likely connected to Input 3.

Then you can start playing with the 110/119 dish.

I would strongly suggest connecting the outbound cable from the 119 LNB to a Bell receiver directly (leaving the DPP33 out of the circuit).

You will use this LNB to find 91.

The second LNB is pointed at 110, you will use this LNB to find 82.

The dish's SKEW (sideways rotation) needs to be adjusted too. It is probably around 72 degrees. Try 64 degrees.

Bell TV elevation is about 3.8 degrees. Way too low for this to work for you UNLESS you have NOTHING between you and the horizon (trees, buildings, etc...)

Your compass heading right now is 122 degrees, Bells satellites are around 95.2

Use Dishpointer.com to help out.

BEFORE you move anything, be sure to record the dish's current elevation and skew settings, in case you cannot get Bell, and will have to use the DISH Network system.

I'm not trying to take the wind from your sails, but as an installer with 10 years experience, I honestly believe you will not get Bell TV in Anchorage, AK according to the Satellite Aiming websites I use.

If you lived in a 30 storey highrise building, from the 10th floor or higher, you may have a chance.

From a building on the ground, I doubt it.

·
Registered
983 Posts
@ Patriot

Another option is trying Shaw Direct (StarChoice), because their satellites are at 13 degrees elevation.

Anchorage is almost equal in Latitude to Whitehorse in the Yukon Territory, and Shaw Direct is available in Whitehorse according to their Installation Manual.

However, you may have to use the larger Model 75E dish (75cm across).

Call Shaw and see if their signal is available in Whitehorse, and which dish you have to use.

Good luck.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Unless you have seen pictures I haven't, I am still trying to work out how you know the house is wired for a Hopper & Joey system. Just looking at the Dish's there is no way to tell that.

181 - 200 of 259 Posts