Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone
i was wondering if anyone has run into this situation. i have 4 receivers on my system older oval dish, dual standard linear lnb, going into a 3 in 4 out switch. here is the problem, as long as any one of the receivers stays on channel 505, the other three work great on all channels. if i switch that receiver to another channel the other three receivers start acting up and i get red light on a lot of channels. put one receiver on channel and all the rest start working perfect again. tried swapping lnb, switch, coax, and resetting receivers. still same problem. two other friends are haqving identical problems. only difference on theirs is, they are running 2 dishes with dual lnb on each and using a zinwell 4 in 4 out switch. any ideas? we are really scratching our heads on this problem. thank you very much in advance for any response and also, thank you for allowing me to be part of this super informational forum. :confused:

·
Registered
528 Posts
soun ds like your problem is a stacked vs non-stacked issue. You will likely need to call SD to have your receiver remapped. smarter ppl would be able to elaborate on this.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Sure is a lot of complaining from someone who obviously hasn't phoned Shaw first.

Your problem here is that you don't have a multiswitch installed.

What you have is a switch that combines the horizontal and vertical outputs of a single lnbf dish with an OTA antenna. You need that Zinwell 4X8 multiswitch. Hook up the Sat A output of your dish to the low voltage input of the Sat A input on the Zinwell. The Sat B output on the dish hooks up to the low voltage Sat B input.

This will give you proper operation on your 4 receivers and allow you to hook up your 630's when you bring them back to Canada

1 - 3 of 3 Posts