Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am designing my rec room which will be 9 speaker in total. I want to run 7 speakers as home theater as well when I have parties I want those 7 speakers to play full music in each speaker. I dont know how to go about that. I need guidance in what type of receiver I should purchase that can not only play in home theater but also in full band on each speaker. I am installing ceiling speakers if that helps. Also the other 2 speakers I would like to connect as well but these will be installed after and I would like to install them as a zone 2 type setup. Can anyone help me on this???? Thanks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Most mid level AVRs will run 7.1 or 7 speakers simultaneously. Most will also assign the rear back set to Zone 2, but I'd bet that if you are using 7.1 on zone 1, there will be no option for zone 2 without a separate amp.

·
Registered
306 Posts
kharmicstorm,

The inability to run 7.1 simultaneously with Zone 2 stereo is true for a lot of mid-range AVR's like you said (This is the case for my Pioneer 1020 and others)... but there are Yamahas that can indeed do 7.1 + powered Zone 2 Stereo without having to sacrifice the 2 powered rear inputs or using another amp.

Both of these models can be classified as "Mid-Range Receivers", since they cost much less than $1,000:

- I believe the Yamaha 6063 can do 7.1 + Zone 2 Powered Stereo:
http://ca.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/htr-series/htr-6063_black__c/?mode=model

- Yamaha 7063 can do 7.1 + Powered Zone 2 and is on sale right now at the "blue and yellow" stores for $600
http://ca.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/htr-series/htr-7063_black__c/?mode=model#tab=product_lineup

·
Registered
959 Posts
I'm not understanding the comment that the op wants full music from each speaker. I'm not sure this is doable. It sounds like he wants all 9 speakers to play mono sound. Is this possible with today's amps?

·
Registered
233 Posts
My old Pioneer has 5-channel stereo and the other DSP modes. Check that your 7.1 AVR can do 7-channel stereo however the AVR implements that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts