Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
DanH said:
I thought the manual showed the output tied to a cable converter, but I might be wrong.

Thx again
I had a similar issue. I currently have the 50HDX82 and was comparing it to the Sony KP46WTXXX and noticed that both manuals call for plugging the cable into the ANT1 and then taking the converter out to the cable box. The cable out from cable box goes to VCR etc... completing all connections to allow PIP/POP and VCR recording. I found that the signal input from cable box using SVHS cables out into the TV (VIDEO1) in the Toshiba resulted in very noisy and bad picture compared to the Sony (Sony manual says that the converted in the Sony is better than the cable box and I would tend to believe it). I ended up using a MONSTER CABLE splitter to feed the cable box and the TV rather than the TV's own built in splitter (to converter). This has improved the picture tremendously.

I was wondering if others have experienced this as well or do I have a problem with my set. Do some TV sets have better converters and splitters?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.